Instant notifications not working on some apps

SarahLouiseM24

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
For Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook messenger and Skype i never get notifications through to the notification bar.
I have to go into each app to see if I have any messages or notifications.
I definitely have the notifications enabled as in all the app setting notifications are on and in my phone settings they are on too..
I have tried rebooting my phone and re installing apps but none of these have worked..
Also what is weird is i get notifications from WhatsApp and Facebook but no other apps.. I have tested this with friends sending me things but i never get any notifications..
Someone please have an answer this is very annoying as I always see messages late.

mikecosmo

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this problem but only with Instagram. I'm not getting any notifications and they're all on. I tried reinstalling and a reboot. Nothing still

Posted via Android Central App

robertpatin

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
On the Samsung s5 you have to add 3rd party apps for it to work they have the notifications for Facebook, , text,, email's you have to add 3rd party apps for other apps to work and change icons to widgets [it's very easy-to-use]

Posted via Android Central App

Dotthegreat1555

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
My messenger used to pop up on my screen. Now I don't get any notification. I've to go and look for messages. Help please.

Posted via the Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
My messenger used to pop up on my screen. Now I don't get any notification.
You haven't given us much to go on:
- what happened between the time when it used to work and when it stopped?
- what model/carrier/firmware?
- is this only on the Lockscreen or on the Home screens?
- is the Messaging app the only one that doesn't provide a notification?
- have you checked to be sure that notifications are enabled?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

smile-ly_86

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
For Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook messenger and Skype i never get notifications through to the notification bar.
I have to go into each app to see if I have any messages or notifications.
I definitely have the notifications enabled as in all the app setting notifications are on and in my phone settings they are on too..
I have tried rebooting my phone and re installing apps but none of these have worked..
Also what is weird is i get notifications from WhatsApp and Facebook but no other apps.. I have tested this with friends sending me things but i never get any notifications..
Someone please have an answer this is very annoying as I always see messages late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance