Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help, I think my LCD is dead.

Hello guys,

I've been reading alot of information on this forum since I've turned over from Apple to Android.
    I never hoped to ask a question, because questions mostly means trouble :P

But now my Samsung S3 Mini boots, I hear the sound, can use the lock / power button but the screen stays black.
    The phone took a fall but it wasn't really high, maybe something like 1meter. I didn't notice it at first, but now after putting the phone underneath a bright light I found out it has a 'sharkfin' in it.
    The glass is perfectly fine by the way.

Help, I think my LCD is dead.-t7mp3m.jpg

Could this be the issue? And if I put a new LCD in it, should it probably be fixxed?

Greetings

Xtinction

Default Re: Help, I think my LCD is dead.

Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the screen has failed, probably related to the drop. It doesn't necessarily have to be a drop from a great height onto a rock hard surface to cause this kind of damage, unfortunately--there are other factors involved, like the angle of impact.

You probably need to bring the phone into a repair shop. If you want to try yourself, there are probably plenty of YouTube videos showing how to replace the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtinction89 View Post
    I found out it has a 'sharkfin' in it.
    Those dang sharks - first it was seals, then people, and now it's smartphones.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Since I'm from the Netherlands I couldn't figure out a better word to describe this damage

I was just being silly.

Far be it from me to question the vocabulary of someone that probably speaks three languages when I can barely get by in my native language...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk