Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem installing Custom ROM. Please Help

I have a Galaxy s3 mini and I tried rooting and installing KitKat but I've been having some issues.

Here is what I did:

Downloaded Odin and Kies (for the phone drivers, Kies was closed while using Odin)

Downloaded CMW Recovery and a root.zip file

Flashed CMW and placed the root.zip on extSD card.

In Recovery mode, backed up system then installed the root file.

Downloaded Root Checker and it said I have root.
    Then downloaded slim4.4_golden. nova.20140630.zip and a gapps file and placed them both on the extSD.

Using Recovery (Vol Up+Home+Power), wiped data and davika (whatever it's called) and then flashed slim4 file. But got a "Bad" message.

I then tried cm11.0_golden.nova.20140823.zip which went smoothly and then gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip but in middle it stopped with an error and said something about process 7 (I think).

I tried it a couple of times.

Also, I'm not sure if Root is working 100%. For one example, AdBlock is not blocking ads, even though it says "Ads are blocked on all connections" but I'm still getting ads galore.

Anyone know what I should do? Would it be better to go through Odin instead of Recovery (using Odin compatible files, of course)?

Thank you very much!

Default Re: Problem installing Custom ROM. Please Help

As far as I remember this is an error that's caused by CWM incompatibility. Try flashing TWRP onto your phone and then flashing the gapps. Alternatively, if that's a hassle and you have a backup in CWM, i would recommend getting Odin compatible files and flashing them through Odin because to restore a CWM backup you need to have CWM installed on your device.