S3 mini internet issue

Ljudina

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I got Galaxy S3 mini, and while on wi-fi, everything works perfect. But when wi-fi is not available, phone automatically switches to EDGE or HSDPA, and then is impossible to open anything in google. Moreover, Viber works fine. Is there problem about settings, viruses or smtg else?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What carrier do you have, and how good is the data network where you are? EDGE is painfully slow, and HSDPA can also be sub-1 Mbps download speeds as well. Is there any 4G where you are? Are you sure your phone is capable of 4G reception?

Ljudina

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, B. Diddy! I'm from Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia & Herzegovina. No 4G here, data network is more than satisfying. My problem isn't about my carrier; on their behalf, everything is ok. I'm wonderin', why Viber works perfect, but opening sites in Google doesn't?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By "opening things with Google," do you mean opening webpages with the browser? That can be pretty slow on EDGE. Apps won't be quite as slow because they only need to download certain bits of data, rather than a whole page.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith