Weird S3 mini issue

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have this weird S3 mini issue.

I have the GT-i8200 model.

WHen I switch it off, the phone buzzes (short) the battery icon flashes on the screen (grey) then it turns green with the corresponding amount of green to the percentage of charge left, then it switches off, then repeats the whole buzzing loop over and over again.

Only way to stop this is to leave it on, or remove the battery.

Any idea as to what may be the problem?

TIA

Ook

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When it's doing that loop, can you power back on with the Power button? I wonder if there's something glitchy with the Power button's circuits.

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Found out that the battery was not completely drained. I left it overnight to drain completely.

Installed Battery Drain Monitor from the Play store beforehand. (First off, I noticed that it would complain about battery over voltage after a full charge).

When I connected the charger, the battery charge immediately shot up to 50%, which was bogus. I changed the settings so that the screen remains on for 10 minutes, then set up a CPU test application to hog the CPU a little.

Battery dropped down from 50% to 32% then it switched off.

Plugged in again, battery level shot up to 43% immediately. Followed above steps, lather rinse repeat until battery did not have a charge when plugged in.

Now it does not do the buzzing - battery - buzzing - battery steps as described in the OP.

I suspect I have a wonky battery. Or a wonky charging circuit - how the **** does it allow a battery to be charged up to above 5V+? The specs on the battery says 3.5V (IIRC).

Will play around a bit and see before I procure a new flattery.

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Lesson learnt - will unplug the charger as soon as the phone is 100% charged!

There were times when I left it plugged in overnight to charge... in hindshight that was a very bad idea.

Millie Number_1

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Did you ever get to root cause of this issue. mine started doing it and after some playing around found that after charging to 100%, remove battery and it was lasting almost 48 hours. Thought like yourself it was a battery fault as I had tried a factory reinstall, ordered and received Samsung replacement battery and tried with this. Exact same issue so no where forward and now have 2 batteries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech