Does anyone know what data I can transfer from Android to iOS, and how?

A

AC Question

Does anyone know what data I can transfer from Android to iOS, and how

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini from AT&T—Had it since October 17, 2014—and the black sheep of phones in my family. Everyone else has an iPhone 4s. My phone has a crack, a yellow tinted screen, a black horizontal line and green vertical line going through a colored dead pixel on the near-bottom-middle-left screen, all of that cause by dropping it...with the case on. It works okay; sluggishly slow for my gaming needs, heats up easily, drains quite fast, and even faster at <27% battery, and is rooted because it is so cheeply acceptable, it needs to be.
So when my family announced they were all upgrading our phones to iPhone 6s(about a month or two ago), my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't accept this! Just today though, my mom ordered them, and she said they are expected to arrive by next week. I, however, need to know if I can transfer data from my Galaxy S3 Mini to a iPhone 6s. The S3 Mini has 8GB internal storage, and another 8GB of Micro SD card storage, with about half of my apps' storage on the card.

Here are my main concerns:
* App data: I read on Apple's website about the Transfer to iOS app, and they say you can do this, and apps available on the App Store will be there to use once transferred. If it isn't available later, they say you can do it 'manually' (which is by downloading it from the App Store, so not much there.) The thing is that I might have to repurchase all my things I bought on Google Play, not including in-app purchases (which i know I won't get back $37.00 back from that), and I don't want to have to do all this again.
* iCloud is not reliable: I have a school iPad that has a iCloud account hooked up to it, but my Corperation has disabled backup, and it also seems that Photos aren't being backed up either. Now, thank God for Google Drive, because I have used it to upload my pictures to it. I have quite a bit of photos, and they aren't selfies; I take as many screenshots of stuff as much as my sister takes Snapchat selfies (a lot). So photos are cool, but I don't know what iCloud is there to offer if I can't even use it! I want to know what there is to iCloud too.
* Processing power: I know of RAM speed and the latter as numbers (like 1.0GB), but what confuses me is how Apple advertises their processing specs. They say "newer iDevice is #x faster than older iDevice", or in a nutshell, said device is X times better than another device. Nowhere on the internet that I have looked at does it say the actual processing power of these devices, and as a strong softcore gamer and stuff, this worries me. Take Minecraft: Pocket Edition for example: How many minutes will it take before it lags out beyond stability/how far can I set my render distance before it force stops? Or Goat Simulator: Will it even run?!
* Overall capabilities: I prefer Android over iOS for a major reason: what freedom you have, and what you can do is beyond better than on iOS (although—I will admit—they are expanding out as the updates come and go, but ever so slowly to where they can never catch up with Android also expanding too). Some general thoughts: Will I be able to do more in the browsers? Will I have a great security companion? Will I even be able to be productive enough? CAN I MANAGE MY TYPE ONE DIABETES WITH IT?!

So...any tips on what I can and can't transfer, and how? I would love a response back to all of these concerns. Being 14, I may have more to learn, but I know that I can somehow, someway, do all I can to keep my progress on things.

Thanks,
- Cameron Johnson (Coolcam6578)

P.S: I have to post this as a guest because I can't login without getting a "Username taken" error. (Contacted them twice, and still zero response!)

P.P.S: Does anyone know how to safely remove the back cover of a Kindle Fire HD (1st gen) and get the Micro SD card out of it?

Coolcam6578

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does anyone know what data I can transfer from Android to iOS, and how

Ok, so my account is finally fixed. That's one thing out of the way...

I read a little bit more on some of this stuff. In a nutshell, I can transfer everything but my apps' data and purchases (like Worms™ 3).
Is this correct? :-\