Erratic battery level indications on Galaxy S3 mini

sfisbein

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Recently, my Galaxy S3 mini is presenting strange battery level indications, even with a Brand new Samsung branded battery. Examples:
1. When it is 100% loaded, I unplug the charger and the terminal keeps presenting the 100% loaded indication for hours.
2. At one point in time, the battery level indication starts to go down far too quickly. Typically, from 100% to 0% within 2 or 3 hours, without overusing the phone. I suppose that the total time the battery level indication stays at 100% + the time it is drained down to 0% is usually what you can expect from a full charge, except that the battery level indications are not real.
3. Sometimes, but nor always, it would not react to the charger being plugged, unless I take the battery out during a few seconds, and then put it back in.
4. Sometimes, but not always, it takes the whole day to charge to 100%, instead of the usual 2 hours (more or less).

Does anyone have any idea about this? The thing is that the battery level indication is not real at all, most of the time. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try recalibrating the battery sensor software by charging up to 100%, then using it until it shuts off automatically from low battery. Charge up to 100% again, then repeat the cycle 3 times. Does that help?

sfisbein

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Obviously, I tried that already, especially since I purchased a brand new battery, and I've always done that with new batteries. Didn't help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, you didn't mention calibrating in your OP, and it's not something that most people do after getting a new battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12