- 2 Posts
Rooting a Chinese S3
I'm an expat living in China and Google Play is blocked on all phones here. The only available app stores are all in Chinese, which I cannot read, and they don't have many of the apps that I would like anyway.
This website offers a solution however it requires that I root my S3: [ Access Google Play Store in China : Technology ]
Looking over the 'root' page on this site [ Get 'Root' on your Android device | Android Central ] I see that there are numerous different sections relating to the S3 but they are all carrier specific, and therefore obviously not relevant to my requirements
The handset I have was bought as a stand-alone phone, not tied to any contract/operator and has a pay-as-you go 3G China Mobile SIM in it.
Can anyone help me with this?
- 05-04-2014, 11:41 AM #2
- By suzie 1 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 17Last Post: 05-04-2016, 11:52 PM
- By forkliftcraz in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 05-09-2014, 01:45 PM
- By Vader1111 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 3Last Post: 05-06-2014, 09:59 AM
- By ttwiitch in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 05-05-2014, 07:40 AM
- By kmmohann in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 05-04-2014, 03:56 AM