- 2 Posts
So I'm trying to root an S3 in order to be able to use it as a USB portable device so I can use an app called Cybertracker but I have followed the rooting process several times (downloading Odin3 and using CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0du-gti9300t) and every time it has said "passed" and I have also tried using OneClickRoot and this also says that the device is already rooted. However when I use Root Checker it keeps on saying "Sorry this device does not have proper root access" and when I try and use USB Mass Storage Enabler is just keeps on saying "Please Wait" and nothing happens, even after leaving the app open on this screen for several hours. I don't know what else to do as I seem to be getting mixed messages about my root access from all this bits of software. What should I try and do now?
- 05-08-2014, 10:53 AM #2
Re: Rooting problem
Did Super User get installed automatically? If not, go into the Play Store and download Super User (or SU) and see if that fixes the problem.
Reboot the phone and try checking for root access again.
- By knjantz in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 14Last Post: 05-21-2014, 07:13 AM
- By Michollstad in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-10-2014, 11:48 PM
- By mosesx in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 05-08-2014, 04:49 PM
- By Mr Matei in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 05-08-2014, 03:13 PM
- By liamd77 in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 3Last Post: 05-07-2014, 07:40 PM