gs3 running cwm recovery looking to revert to stock

beerfish

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. I've been searching the forums for days looking for help. I have a Galaxy s3 I-535 4.3 running CWM recovery and rooted. I think a recent update to the recovery re locked my bootloader? From what I've been reading. I really just want to revert this phone to stock. I keep getting bugged to install an OTA update, which won't work with my phone in it's current configuration. Here's the other problem. I can't connect it to the pc via USB. The problem is definitely with the phone. I have used the oem cable, and a new cable purchased at Verizon. I have done everything on the pc I've read with Kies and drivers and all that stuff. My wife's phone is stock and connects just fine. I was thinking about using Odin mobile and flashing the stock rom from my sd card. Is this going to brick my phone if my bootloader is locked even though I have root? Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

beerfish

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your speedy reply. I went ahead and have it a shot. I may not be able to flash my phone at all. When it re boots into "odin" mode, I get the error " System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found in your phone...". The only way to get out of that is to go into "download mode and hit cancel, then it boots normally.

Posted via Android Central App