- 67 Posts
Cyanogenmod 11 VS Official JB
Hello Android Central users,
What do you guys recommend, the official JB (4.1.2) I have or Cyanogenmod 11 on my SGS I9300? Have you tried them both? And would flashing CGM 11 over the official 4.1.2 causes issues? I mean should I upgrade to 4.3 then to CGM 11 or automatically from JB 4.1.2 to CGM 11?
Tell me about your experiences please.
Posted via Android Central App
- 07-08-2014, 05:08 PM #2
- 07-18-2014, 12:15 AM #3
- 07-18-2014, 12:35 AM #4
- 56 Posts
Re: Cyanogenmod 11 VS Official JB
If you're already rooted, there are so many ROMs you can choose other than CM. I made a list of about 20 ROMs that I posted on here that you can use.
You do not want to do the official 4.3 or 4.4.2 upgrades. And that's for one reason: Knox. It's the security protocol Samsung installed in all 4.3+ upgrades. It makes it hard for rooting and customizing. Well, rooting isn't that hard if you follow the rules. But it you flash anything wrong, it'll hard brick your phone. Then, it'll be donezo. You have to be very careful in what you do. Being with 4.1.2 allows you more freedom with flashing. If you're rooted, you should stay rooted.
- By xatt15 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-28-2014, 02:00 AM
- By bigcol in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 06-10-2014, 07:38 AM
- By AcesOfLife in forum Android GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-02-2014, 11:30 AM
- By sqa4life in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 18Last Post: 06-02-2014, 10:27 AM
- By jfhey in forum HeadsetsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-29-2014, 01:35 PM