Can you go from 4.3 to 4.1, unlock, then go back to 4.3?

JEGuitarist

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I want to unlock my galaxy s3 and I saw the " *#197328640#" method only works on 4.1

Is it possible to downgrade from my current 4.3 stock rom, to a 4.1 rom, then go back to 4.3 (since for some reason I don't have a kitkat update..)

If so, can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Most carriers will give you the Sim Unlock code if you qualify and your account is in Good Standing. Contact them and save the headache of possible bricking your phone.

JEGuitarist

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Most carriers will give you the Sim Unlock code if you qualify and your account is in Good Standing. Contact them and save the headache of possible bricking your phone.

I've contacted them and they supplied me with one, but it didn't work. After looking it up I saw people said that it worked when they downgraded to 4.1. I managed to find a 4.1 rom, but I have a "no symbol" over where my bars are supposed to be, and its not recognizing my sim card anymore. I have no idea what to do and its starting to get on my nerves :p

NOTE: I flashed to rom with Mobil Odin..which seemed to work okay, not sure if the no symbol is from doing it with that or not. The version of Odin on windows just gives me write fails and gives me a headache. Mobil Odin works fine it seems

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
As I stated about the headache of possible bricking your phone. Once you upgraded to 4.3 it is almost impossible to downgrade because of the new Knox security without causing problems. Try upgrading back to 4.3 and then go into your carrier and see if they can help you get it unlocked.