Android 4.4.4 AOSP Based d2lte Nightlies

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I may try leankernel. I tried dkp jernel when i first flashed Alex Cruz's 8.0 build, but phone kept rebooting.. i might give dkp another shot because i like the splash screen feature. You can use any image you want, so i can use ones i mafe on my thread.

Sent from my DirtyZombieCorn SGS3 using Skyblue Tapatalk 2

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
First of all, it comes with great sadness that I had to take Gummy ROM off the list. They lost funding for a host server and had to call it quits. It was one of my favorite ROMs. Will be missed.

I added another ROM to the list. It's the Validus ROM. I've ran it for a bit. Seemed quite stable and smooth. Many features. The latest build came out a month ago, but has all the latest Android 4.4.4 features except for heads up notifications. If you use Xposed Frameworks and the Heads Up Notifications module, it'll give you heads up notifications. Ground Zero ROMs is working on a 6.2 build for Validus and a new ROM called Tesla ROM. The info for both will be on their Google+ Community Page. So, check it out if you're interested in either ROMs.

I added the true Android Lollipop boot animation to the list. It's actually not much different from the Android L developer preview boot animation I had on the list. With the Lollipop boot animation, the orbs are larger and they move slower. Personally, I like the developer preview boot animation better. I left the link to that up there as well.

I also added the apk file for the Lollipop keyboard. Again, it's not all that different from the Android L developer preview keyboard. There are more theme options and the UI is different. For those who want the Lollipop keyboard, I posted the link.

I posted the link to all the Android 5.0 Lollipop apps. It's in the section with the Lollipop boot animation and keyboard. I couldn't get the Google Now Launcher to work. It actually won't work without the Android Lollipop Google Search app which is not on the list. I couldn't get the Android 5.0 calendar app to work as well. You might have better luck. The rest of the apps seem to work fine. I'm really enjoying the Android 5.0 Play Music app. The new design is sleek.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I may try leankernel. I tried dkp jernel when i first flashed Alex Cruz's 8.0 build, but phone kept rebooting.. i might give dkp another shot because i like the splash screen feature. You can use any image you want, so i can use ones i mafe on my thread.

Looks like I was wrong. Joe Carbone just released an unofficial DU 8.1 d2lte build. I thought he might be done with d2lte builds. It's in his Google+ page. The link is in the Unofficial Builds section. His builds are just as good as Alex Cruz's. I'm about to flash it. I saw that others said it works just fine.

Last edited:

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I too am about to flash this. I got up this morning and saw in my notifications that he posted an 8.1 ROM and downloaded it right away, still half asleep, lol.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Provided that they'll support d2lte, I'm pretty eager to try out CyanFox. I've read nothing but good things abiut that ROM.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I too am about to flash this. I got up this morning and saw in my notifications that he posted an 8.1 ROM and downloaded it right away, still half asleep, lol.

Yeah, I was half asleep also when I downloaded it. Probably wasn't fully awake when I flashed it. Seems to be running pretty smoothly. An unofficial LiquidSmooth 3.2 d2lte build was also released today. The link for that is in the Unofficial Builds section.

I've heard about Cyanfox. So, if they come out with d2lte builds, then awesome.

We now have a final release date for Android Lollipop: November 3rd! Hopefully, ROMs will be making d2lte builds soon after its release.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yrah, i know 8.1 is Dirty Unicorns final KitKat build before Lollipop. CyanFox was debating on whether or not to wair, but decided they had time for a KitKat build.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Alright, I have quite a few additions to the list.

I found a new ROM the other day. It's called BlissStalk ROM. It's a great and stable ROM. Many features to choose from. It's based on the BeanStalk ROM.. BeanStalk is one of my favorite ROMs, so it's great having another ROM based on it.

I decided to add Quantum ROM to the list. I've been holding on to it for a while because it doesn't get updated often. It is a good ROM, no doubt about that. I generally only like to post ROMs that get regular updates but I figured since we're close to the release of Android 5.0, I'll add it to the list.

I posted a bunch of unofficial builds to the list. As @dingermtb pointed out, Alex Cruz released a Dirty Unicorns 8.1 d2lte test build yesterday. Don't be worried about it being a 'test' build, Alex Cruz does amazing work. His builds will be very stable. Joe Carbone also released an unofficial DU 8.1 d2lte build. So, it's great having 2 devs keeping Dirty Unicorns alive for d2lte. Both unofficial DU builds are in the Unofficial Builds section of the list.

I also posted Mastamoon's CM11 unofficial builds. He added some customizations above and below the surface. Graphene ROM is an unofficial Carbon ROM. I ran it for a couple hours. Seemed quite stable and smooth. If you're a fan of Carbon ROM, you'll like Graphene ROM. There are also an unofficial/semi-official AOKP d2lte ROM that just started yesterday. The good thing about this unofficial AOKP d2lte ROM is it's actually released as nightlies instead of making d2lte builds every now and then like the official AOKP ROM does. And lastly, an unofficial Mahdi ROM 2.8 d2lte build that was released yesterday. I'm currently running it now. What's nice about it is that ART runs as default. I'm noticing an improvement in my battery life. I'd suggest not flashing a custom kernel because the developer tweaked the Cyanogenmod kernel to run ART as default. Also, Xposed Frameworks isn't compatible with ART. So, if you use Xposed, it'll switch your GS3 to Dalvik. This is a very smooth ROM. Not having any problems with it. I always enjoy using new ROMs. Mahdi ROM doesn't support d2lte, so it's awesome having a dev make unofficial d2lte builds for us. All of these unofficial builds are posted in the Unofficial Builds section of the list.

I found the links to the dkp and KTOONSEZ kernels. Been looking for the links for a while. I posted them in the AOSP d2lte Kernels section of the list.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish i knew tou were looking for dkp. I have the link.

I'm still waiting on news from CyanFox. Very curious on how this ROM will compare with SU.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Quick question

In your opinion, whay is yhe best kernel and settings?

Currentlt on DU 8.1 with Deathlt kernel, using row, maxed at 1836, badass governnor.

Please excuse any typos as my one good eye is getring worse

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Quick question

In your opinion, whay is yhe best kernel and settings?

Currentlt on DU 8.1 with Deathlt kernel, using row, maxed at 1836, badass governnor.

Please excuse any typos as my one good eye is getring worse

I think it just comes down to personal preference. I've been using the BMS kernel mostly. The dev does frequent updates with it.

Just recently, I've been trying leankernel. I think it's sped up my phone quite a bit. But it's probably because the default Dalvik read ahead value is 2048. Generally, the higher the Dalvik read ahead value, the quicker an app will open and load.

My phone doesn't like Deathly for some reason. Always overheats when I try it. Not saying it's not a good kernel.

I usually use the smartmax or smartassV2 governor. But it's all relative to how you use your phone. I try to keep it underclocked.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Have some additions to the list for you. I found the last official Gummy ROM d2lte build over on XDA. It is Android 4.4.4. Personally, I think it really sucks that Team Gummy was forced to stop making ROMs. Gummy was one of my favorites. Even though, there won't be any updates after the last build, it will be stable enough for a daily driver.

Another unofficial Dirty Unicorns 8.1 d2lte build was made. This time by a dev named Kasey Jones. That makes 3 unofficial d2lte 8.1 builds for us by 3 different devs. It's cool they are still showing interest in the GS3.

I added an app called MirrorEnabler. It actually works on every Android rooted device. KitKat comes with Chromecast support built-in. This means you do not need the Chromecast app to cast media using Netflix, Hulu Plus, Play Music, etc. Every ROM on this list has Chromecast support built-in. With the Chromecast support, KitKat is also supposed to be able to mirror your display to the TV through Chromecast. But, that function isn't included in these ROMs. With MirrorEnabler, you'll be able to mirror everything on the display of your smartphone/tablet to the TV through Chromecast. If you use Titanium Backup, or any other app like that, to backup/restore your apps, you will have to wipe the data for MirrorEnabler then open the app to enable mirroring again.

Lastly, I added 2 Android 5.0 GAPPS packages I found. They will work for us because these are Android 4,4,4 ROMs. I'm currently using the 10/28 package but did get confirmation the 10/30 package works as well. You will be able to dirty flash each GAPPS package or just flash them when your flashing a ROM.

iamanalog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen any d2lte L builds yet? I've only seen a few s2 ones so far. I imagine once cm12 starts building there will be more. I was just curious if anyone was making some unofficial test builds.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone seen any d2lte L builds yet? I've only seen a few s2 ones so far. I imagine once cm12 starts building there will be more. I was just curious if anyone was making some unofficial test builds.

Cyanogenmod is deunifying builds for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Starting with Android 5.0, there are no longer d2lte builds. Apparently, they've been having a lot of problems with the unified builds, probably because of GSM and CDMA not playing well with each other. Samsung Galaxy S3 builds will be separated by carrier: d2att, d2tmo, d2spr, d2att. I do know that there are unofficial CM12 Android 5.0 d2att and d2spr builds. What carrier do you have?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante