Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question on installing Verizon 4.4 update

I am having problems updating to the latest Verizon 4.4 Kitkat version on my Samsung S3. The phone was rooted and was running stock firmware. I didn't install CWM or other similar custom tools. The phone was just rooted to remove all the unwanted Samsung and Verizon junk.

I see that my knox is not tripped. It is showing 0x0 and the firmware says Samsung Official but my Software update is failing when installing. I tried unrooting using the Full unroot option in SuperSu settings but still the update is failing. When I boot the phone, I still see the "Custom" unlock icon. I don't know why this icon will show up even after fully unrooting and if Samsung Knox is not tripped. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can provide more details if you need. Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Question on installing Verizon 4.4 update

I am providing an update here for the benefit of others who might run into this problem. I was able to get this fixed by installing the update through Kies. All features are working fine after the update.