Accidentally installed LG G3 ROM on Galaxy S3?

darius_maxim

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello, so I recently rooted my GS3 and I wanted to install CM13 on it. I actually did installed it once so it's not like I don't know how to do it. I'm not a noob :)
So I install TWRP, CM13 and Android 6.0 Gapps. I hold down power volume up and home to get into recovery mode then I install CM13 but I got an error saying that the ROM is not compatible and it's for LG G3 then I realised that being that the stupid guy that I am maybe I accidentally downloaded the LG G3 ROM instead of GS3! The I restarted my phone and it only showed "Samsung Galaxy S3 GTi9300" on screen. Then I booted back into recovery mode then it got pretty late and decided to go to sleep and fix it tomorrow. The next day my phone was DEAD!!! I thought it was the battery so I charged it the whole day! The next day I tried to power it on and nothing happened!! Then I tried to connect it to my PC so I can install the original ROM using Odin
but it didn't work :( I tried to power it on and I got the charging icon stuck! Like this-----> http://i64.tinypic.com/15ykuf.jpg
And yes I tried booting into download mode and recovery mode but doesn't work!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. You install a ROM, THEN root it. It's the ROM that gets rooted, so if you replace a rooted ROM with an unrooted ROM, you wasted your time rooting. (If you replace it with a rooted ROM, there was no need to root the old ROM.)

2. You need to find someone on eBay that does JTG on an S3, and pay to have the S3 ROM forced into it. (Considering the current price of a used S3, it may not pay.)

darius_maxim

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
1. You install a ROM, THEN root it. It's the ROM that gets rooted, so if you replace a rooted ROM with an unrooted ROM, you wasted your time rooting. (If you replace it with a rooted ROM, there was no need to root the old ROM.)

2. You need to find someone on eBay that does JTG on an S3, and pay to have the S3 ROM forced into it. (Considering the current price of a used S3, it may not pay.)

Are you sure there's nothing else I can do?? I can't buy things from Ebay cuz I'm in Europe. And plus, I don't think my GS3 is gone forever, as I said when I connect it to my PC it shows the charging icon, so maybe it 's not hardbricked...

darius_maxim

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE: I fixed the problem by myself without any JTAG. All I had to do is insert an empty SD card until the Samsung logo appeared and put it into download mode. Thanks for nothing! I knew putting my problem into forums wouldn't work because I'm smarter the everybody and I knew I would fix it by myself.....All my time researching this useless forum was just a waste of time....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol