Galaxy S3 coming in April?

kenji117

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date has been confirmed. It will release in April 2012.

Link please

I'm assuming your looking at the info given by ZDnet which Samsung has already denied and stated that they will announce a date on their twitter, @samsungtomorrow, when they have decided on one/decide to tell us.

Last edited:

kenji117

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Turns out an April release is possible...assuming the new rumor is correct.

A twitter update posted by eldar murtazin stated:

SGS3 finalized and go to production. Preorders from operators/retailers are really highest for all galaxy line history (finally - ceramic)

Sammobile drew the following conclusions from the post:

Samsung started MASS-production Galaxy S III.
The Galaxy S III will be a expensive phone.
Samsung choosed high-end materials.
The Galaxy S III is made by a ceramic casing, the phone will be only 7mm thick!
The price will be around the same level of the new iPhone.
This phone will be out in Russia around June!
Remember Samsung is official sponsor of Olympic Games 2012!

Source

If the phone is actually in mass production I would then assume it would just need to go through the FCC at which point it should be ready to launch. Hopefully we find out more tomorrow.

Buzz_Dengue

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
They are probably trying to still get some life out of the S2 if they are releasing a HD version of it. It makes perfect sense for AT&T to get the S3, or Skyrocket III since they had the S2. That April release date "rumor" is most likely for the UK only, based on what I have read so far, and I would be surprised if the S3 was released before September in the US, IF they follow the same release schedule as the S2 last year (North America was the last continent to have the S2).

All I know is that I'm still rocking my OG EVO and the S3, without a doubt, will be my next phone, whenever it is released!!!

...April is not likely... until an 'official' announcement, a plausible scenario will be a Galaxy S3 rollout just prior to the London Summer Olympics, to which they are a marquee sponsor. If their marketing works for the product launch, lots of media face-time for the S3 & the Note with the athletes, press and the crowd... it may take that long to get the proper level of inventory ready to spore...

"Samsung, a sponsor of the US Olympic team and the Games, is using SXSW to demo its initiative the Samsung Genome Project ( Samsung.com/howolympicareyou ) is a Facebook app that allows Americans to see how their online network is connected to US athletes through "six degrees of separation."; The premise is that by highlighting personal connections to Olympians they never knew they had, Samsung will create an emotional connection to the athletes and unite the country in a unique and meaningful way. The Campaign should launch in the coming weeks.

"excerpted from...
London 2012 to be the first truly social Olympic Games | Vancouver Sun

BlackLS3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing this ceramic case rumor. Given the properties of ceramic, can somebody please explain to me why ceramic would even be considered for a phone casing?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't waaaait for this phone omg. I picked up the Galaxy Nexus, and felt something was just wrong with it. Wasn't happy. So I returned it and then I started reading rumors about this baby. I'm dying to see it get released! Can't wait!

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I hope I'm wrong but it probably won't be on Verizon though (I'm assuming you are on VZW since you had the Nexus). I was in a Best Buy today and there was an actual Samsung employee there demonstrating their tablets. I told him I was waiting on their next phone. He said what phone. I said the S III and his eyes lit up. He said he thinks it is coming sooner than thought, and probably would come to the same carriers that had the S II. Since Verizon opted for the Nexus he didn't think they would get the S III. He sounded pretty convincing, and I sure hope he is wrong!

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope I'm wrong but it probably won't be on Verizon though (I'm assuming you are on VZW since you had the Nexus). I was in a Best Buy today and there was an actual Samsung employee there demonstrating their tablets. I told him I was waiting on their next phone. He said what phone. I said the S III and his eyes lit up. He said he thinks it is coming sooner than thought, and probably would come to the same carriers that had the S II. Since Verizon opted for the Nexus he didn't think they would get the S III. He sounded pretty convincing, and I sure hope he is wrong!
Guess it would be too much to ask to just have it be pentaband, then it wouldn't matter which carrier it was on. We could buy the world version of it and use it on either carrier. For that matter T-Mo as well.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Verizon won't sit out on the SIII. The only reason they didn't get the SII was because of the Nexus; there are no such constraints this time.

Buzz_Dengue

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S III Rumored ‘Official Device of the 2012 Olympics’
By Nathan Olivarez-Giles April 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Rumors peg the Samsung Galaxy S III at having a screen that will be about a half-inch smaller than the Galaxy Note, which barely fits in a shirt pocket.

Samsung’s yet-to-be-announced Galaxy S III has been at the source of rumors for months, but this speculation is more unusual than most: BGR reported Tuesday that the anticipated flagship phone will be the “official device” of the 2012 Olympic Games.

An Olympic connection for the Galaxy S III makes sense for a few reasons. First, Samsung is already a sponsor of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games, and soccer star David Beckham is appearing in ads as a member of “Team Samsung.” Second, on May 3 in London, we expect Samsung will officially unveil the Galaxy S III as one of its new top-of-the-line handsets, sitting alongside the Galaxy Note and Galaxy Nexus.

While an official Olympic tie-in for the Galaxy S III is certainly possible, it’s worth keeping in mind that Samsung’s Taiwanese rival Acer is also sponsoring the summer games, and has announced an Olympic-branded device of its own: the quad-core Iconia Tab A 510 tablet, running on Google’s Android 4.0 operating system, and adorned with the Olympic rings logo on back.

Panasonic too is an Olympic sponsor, but it has yet to announce an Olympic edition for its Toughbook tablets or anything else.

Earlier this month, Samsung officials told the English newspaper The Telegraph that the company would release a phone in time for the Olympics that would be compatible with Visa’s near field communication (NFC) payments platform, which can be used during the London 2012 games.

Samsung officials declined to comment on the BGR report, stating in an email to Wired that “Samsung does not comment on rumors or speculation.”

Considering what BRG and the Telegraph have reported, it’s possible that the Galaxy S II will be an “official phone” of the Olympics rather than an “official device.” However, those marketing terms likely have more to do with money spent on sponsorship than which category of device is wearing a 5-ring Olympic logo.

Samsung Galaxy S III Rumored 'Official Device of the 2012 Olympics' | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

lindatan

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind waiting for an Android phone. I had secretly wanted one when everyone at work started getting them....but being the diehard I was I kept defending BBs. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol