Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: Rumor: Specs blowout and release info

What I don't get is having Sprint for the first carrier. Everyone knows Spring's 3G network is one of the slowest and they are FAR behind both ATT and Verizon on launching LTE. So why release an LTE phone with a carrier that will have it eventually as opposed to those that already do? And I agree about the thin factor. My problem with Sammy devices is that feel 'cheap' due to build quality and flimsy back covers, etc. But what do I know, LOL

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

You don't have to get it...just accept it. I agree, what do you know? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    What I don't get is having Sprint for the first carrier. Everyone knows Spring's 3G network is one of the slowest and they are FAR behind both ATT and Verizon on launching LTE. So why release an LTE phone with a carrier that will have it eventually as opposed to those that already do? And I agree about the thin factor. My problem with Sammy devices is that feel 'cheap' due to build quality and flimsy back covers, etc. But what do I know, LOL
    Sprint also got the Galaxy S 2 first also

Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ab30494 View Post
    Sprint also got the Galaxy S 2 first also
    And it is arguably the best version of the S2 as well.
    poosh2010 likes this.

Hmm... Will they be calling it the Samsung galaxy Genius??

All I can say is if Sammy builds it like they did the NS4G or the Epic 4g then it will stand up very well. While many question Sammy by saying they have cheap or flimsy builds I question those...

I have 5 kids that fight daily over my phone & my wife's to play Angry Birds and Temple Run. Both have been tossed, covers flown off even sdcard launched out of my wife's Epic during play and both phones work like a champ and basically scratch free....

I for one am looking to step down from my current Google phone to go back to TW and bloat just to enjoy the SGSIII... I think that alone says a lot...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

Rumors are great - hard to believe that a phone that won't be released until the holiday season (or even early 2013) is affecting HTC stock prices because this is a competitor to the RELEASED HTC One X and S.
    Eaglemaniac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    Rumors are great - hard to believe that a phone that won't be released until the holiday season (or even early 2013) is affecting HTC stock prices because this is a competitor to the RELEASED HTC One X and S.
    Well don't be so suuuure, Mr Trivor...

They are saying that they want to see a global launch simultaneously this time around. I expect it to be fully released before mid July, just in time for the Olympics.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Waiting until after this event to decide if I am going to pick up the One X or wait for this. These rumored specs sound great

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
    Waiting until after this event to decide if I am going to pick up the One X or wait for this. These rumored specs sound great
    +1 on this. Whats another couple weeks to make sure the next device you marry for 2 years is the one you really want.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

I'm glad Samsung is finally going to announce this phone. By then, I'll finally decide which phone to go with. EVO 4G LTE or the Galaxy S3? Somehow, I'm thinking its going to be Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    +1 on this. Whats another couple weeks to make sure the next device you marry for 2 years is the one you really want.
    You bet, it's great timing to be in the market for a new phone just do not want to jump the gun too quickly if this GSIII is going to be something spectacular. I can wait a few months as my current phone works just fine but am due to upgrade (plus my work is paying a portion so that helps )

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
    You bet, it's great timing to be in the market for a new phone just do not want to jump the gun too quickly if this GSIII is going to be something spectacular. I can wait a few months as my current phone works just fine but am due to upgrade (plus my work is paying a portion so that helps )
    Nice having your work pay a portion. I have until Sept 1 before my upgrade, currently my NS4G is working fine so this gives me plenty of time to see how everything unfolds.

Still thinking Sammy, I'm a Samsung fanboy I guess... 3 Sammy's so far under my belt.
    Paul

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Did you catch the leak on the front page? It matched a few things my source told me (although he hasn't been responding to me lately)

-The device has some weight to it
    -It may be in a standard "lunchbox" casing to prevent the leak of the true form factor
    -Thinner than the GSII
    -We're most definitely going to see the device ousted by a leak before the conference (look for Olympics ads?)

What doesn't line-up perfectly is the 12mp camera... My source said that it wouldn't be manufactured quickly enough to be put in the phone, being on an even later timeline than the 5250 proc. Interesting stuff for sure. And the home button???

Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    Did you catch the leak on the front page? It matched a few things my source told me (although he hasn't been responding to me lately)

-The device has some weight to it
    -It may be in a standard "lunchbox" casing to prevent the leak of the true form factor
    -Thinner than the GSII
    -We're most definitely going to see the device ousted by a leak before the conference (look for Olympics ads?)

What doesn't line-up perfectly is the 12mp camera... My source said that it wouldn't be manufactured quickly enough to be put in the phone, being on an even later timeline than the 5250 proc. Interesting stuff for sure. And the home button???
    The "leak" now comfirmed to just be a 'lunchbox.' On to the next 'leak'

Galaxy S3: latest alleged leak not accurate, name still unconfirmed; tightest security 'ever' for a Samsung launch | The Verge

They are on the right track, though: Samsung is using what are described as "generic test boxes" to put the next Galaxy model's internals through quality checks, presumably to allow employees to use the phones off of company premises without being spotted. We're being told that Gizmodo's images are of one of those dummy boxes. "That's not even close to the final design," we're told. "No leaks of the final design have been accurate."
    This lines up with what your source told you Love Divine. Your source and the info he/she provided just climbed a rung on the credibility ladder in my book.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Thats most likely fake
    Why Shake The Dice If Your Never Going To Roll
    Eaglemaniac likes this.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Is this the leak that everyone is seeing
    Rumor: Specs blowout and release info-uploadfromtaptalk1334799778101.jpg

Rumor: Specs blowout and release info-uploadfromtaptalk1334799791550.jpg

Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Station2 View Post
    Is this the leak that everyone is seeing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334799778101.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	23849

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334799791550.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	23850
    Yep, that's the one.

And Jay, I agree with you, again, lol, and I like what the source has told us so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglemaniac View Post
    Damn man i was hoping it was the dual core a15 one

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

Me too, but I'm sure the phone will still be great

Quote Originally Posted by matt0715 View Post
    Me too, but I'm sure the phone will still be great
    Aslong as apple uses a9 aswell... Then i dont mind

After reading the specification the phone seems awesome in it's category.
    Harrison Ford

Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If that's for the international version and Sprint is getting the dual core A15, I am all for it. I just don't get that this Meizu thing will have the same processor as Samsungs flagship phone, just doesn't make sense to me.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast