Rumor: Specs blowout and release info

T.phillips39

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
man I'm excited, if even a couple of these rumors are true I'll be very tempted to buy it depending on the design. I'm also curious about the successor to the galaxy note that you mentioned as I'm using a GNote now. Does your source have any more info on that?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If this pans out, I'd be extatic, especially the sprint thing. Sprint has always gone out of its way trying to make their version of a phone better than others. The e4gt is arguably the best version of the gs2 because it has the exynos processor and the biggest screen, and they went the extra mile to differentiate the evo 4G lte from the one X. The Epic 4G was also the only galaxy s with a keyboard. Interesting how this guy has so much us carrier info, that gives hope for an earlier launch. I really hope all this turns out to be spot on.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine that Samusng wants to get this phone out as soon as it can to compete with the one x and get a head start against the iphone 5

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
It's a fine balancing act between getting it out in a timely manner and getting in the A15 Exynos 5250, which is vastly more powerful than the quad core A9 Exynos. The wait would be worth it, imo.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
What I don't get is having Sprint for the first carrier. Everyone knows Spring's 3G network is one of the slowest and they are FAR behind both ATT and Verizon on launching LTE. So why release an LTE phone with a carrier that will have it eventually as opposed to those that already do? And I agree about the thin factor. My problem with Sammy devices is that feel 'cheap' due to build quality and flimsy back covers, etc. But what do I know, LOL :cool:

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
What I don't get is having Sprint for the first carrier. Everyone knows Spring's 3G network is one of the slowest and they are FAR behind both ATT and Verizon on launching LTE. So why release an LTE phone with a carrier that will have it eventually as opposed to those that already do? And I agree about the thin factor. My problem with Sammy devices is that feel 'cheap' due to build quality and flimsy back covers, etc. But what do I know, LOL :cool:

Sprint also got the Galaxy S 2 first also

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is if Sammy builds it like they did the NS4G or the Epic 4g then it will stand up very well. While many question Sammy by saying they have cheap or flimsy builds I question those...

I have 5 kids that fight daily over my phone & my wife's to play Angry Birds and Temple Run. Both have been tossed, covers flown off even sdcard launched out of my wife's Epic during play and both phones work like a champ and basically scratch free....

I for one am looking to step down from my current Google phone to go back to TW and bloat just to enjoy the SGSIII... I think that alone says a lot...

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Rumors are great - hard to believe that a phone that won't be released until the holiday season (or even early 2013) is affecting HTC stock prices because this is a competitor to the RELEASED HTC One X and S.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Rumors are great - hard to believe that a phone that won't be released until the holiday season (or even early 2013) is affecting HTC stock prices because this is a competitor to the RELEASED HTC One X and S.

Well don't be so suuuure, Mr Trivor...

They are saying that they want to see a global launch simultaneously this time around. I expect it to be fully released before mid July, just in time for the Olympics.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad Samsung is finally going to announce this phone. By then, I'll finally decide which phone to go with. EVO 4G LTE or the Galaxy S III? Somehow, I'm thinking its going to be Samsung.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
+1 on this. Whats another couple weeks to make sure the next device you marry for 2 years is the one you really want.

You bet, it's great timing to be in the market for a new phone just do not want to jump the gun too quickly if this GSIII is going to be something spectacular. I can wait a few months as my current phone works just fine but am due to upgrade (plus my work is paying a portion so that helps :))

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You bet, it's great timing to be in the market for a new phone just do not want to jump the gun too quickly if this GSIII is going to be something spectacular. I can wait a few months as my current phone works just fine but am due to upgrade (plus my work is paying a portion so that helps :))
Nice having your work pay a portion. I have until Sept 1 before my upgrade, currently my NS4G is working fine so this gives me plenty of time to see how everything unfolds.

Still thinking Sammy, I'm a Samsung fanboy I guess... 3 Sammy's so far under my belt.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you catch the leak on the front page? It matched a few things my source told me (although he hasn't been responding to me lately)

-The device has some weight to it
-It may be in a standard "lunchbox" casing to prevent the leak of the true form factor
-Thinner than the GSII
-We're most definitely going to see the device ousted by a leak before the conference (look for Olympics ads?)

What doesn't line-up perfectly is the 12mp camera... My source said that it wouldn't be manufactured quickly enough to be put in the phone, being on an even later timeline than the 5250 proc. Interesting stuff for sure. And the home button???

Last edited:

Eaglemaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you catch the leak on the front page? It matched a few things my source told me (although he hasn't been responding to me lately)

-The device has some weight to it
-It may be in a standard "lunchbox" casing to prevent the leak of the true form factor
-Thinner than the GSII
-We're most definitely going to see the device ousted by a leak before the conference (look for Olympics ads?)

What doesn't line-up perfectly is the 12mp camera... My source said that it wouldn't be manufactured quickly enough to be put in the phone, being on an even later timeline than the 5250 proc. Interesting stuff for sure. And the home button???

The "leak" now comfirmed to just be a 'lunchbox.' On to the next 'leak'