Will the GSIII help Samsung become #1?

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
It's no secret that Samsung's Galaxy line, which ranges from the original Galaxy S to the Note and even Galaxy Nexus, has been a smash hit for Samsung. As far as sales goes, both of Samsung's Galaxy S series sold over 20+ million respectively, giving even Apple a run for their money given many of the patent feuding the two companies have embarked on. Both the Galaxy S II and Galaxy Nexus have been awarded multiple awards from critics and have respectively been regarded as "the best smartphone" or "the best android phone" and both were highly anticipated.

Now that the GSIII is currently one of the most anticipated devices of 2012, it's no doubt that it too will see stellar sales. But will it push them to be the number one selling handset vendor? As it stands, Nokia is still number one, although their kingdom is crumbling, and Samsung has Apple and HTC to worry about. With over 20% of the cell phone marketshare, will 2012 be Samsung's year?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If the rumored specs are true, plus a few surprises here and there, and, most importantly, a 5 series A15 based processor and they are well on their way to earning the title "Smartphone of the year" with it.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: crzycrkr

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well if rumors are true and this is the device of choice for the 2012 Oylmpic's then that should really help push Sammy over the top.

Either way, Samsung has really put out some good stuff over the last year or so.

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
With recent news about Samsung's profits being reported the other day, I guess they didn't need the GSIII to achieve the thrown.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If I've learned anything from this thread, it's that my distaste in HTC/Motorola was not misplaced. Those companies suck.

Only saving grace for Motorola is it's radio quality, which oddly enough isn't enough to make me want to buy their phones.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
In 2010, the Galaxy S got Samsung up to 4" but everyone else was at 4.3". Still a good start.

In 2011, the S II got Samsung to 4.3" and then 4.5" with the Epic Touch. Then came the SII HD hit 4.65" on Sept 26, 2011. Then the Galaxy Nexus and then the Note surprised everyone.

Motorola got stuck at 4.3". HTC went off into a 3D black hole and is trying to dig out. Apple is trapped back in 2007 at 3.5".

And that leaves Samsung as the biggest smartphone maker. They have been for some time now.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is at the top in my opinion. Some people purely like Apple and other like Apple because other people do. They are all brainwashed.

I wonder how much more people would like Samsung phones if they didnt have TouchWiz on everything but the Nexus.

goliath602

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am not surprised at all that Samsung is number one now. They have outdone themselves with the Galaxy series of phones. And I cannot wait for the Galaxy s3 I am sure that it will shake up the market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463