Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eaglemaniac
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Europe Editor

Talking Leaked pics and video from Vietnam

Final hardware, dummy chassis. Probably as close as we'll get to the finished product before May 3

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...tic-dummy-case

I need to stop looking at all these leaks and rumors because by the time the announcement comes around I feel like the only thing that'll surprise me is the design. But its so hard to stop peeking lol

Default Re: Leaked pics and video from Vietnam

Is it just me, or is Samsung pulling a play from the Apple Marketing Secrecy playbook with this stuff? Don't get me wrong, I love this secrecy stuff, plus Samsung's marketing lately (GSII and Galaxy Note commercials for example, plus the entire youtube channel for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus) has been pretty brilliant. Just saying...feels a bit Apple to me this time around.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am not sure what to think of this. Next to the other phone he was holding up, the s3 looked smaller, didn't even look like a 4.6 screen. Also, what happened to the physical home and capacitive button in the other leaked shots? All of a sudden we have galaxy nexus like on screen buttons, that together with it supposedly just being a 4.6" display makes for screen real estate smaller than my e4gt, grr I hate downsizing! Lol. Anyways, if that's really what we are getting, people will be underwhelmed, all that hype for really what just lands up being the dreaded incremental upgrade that cnet source was talking about. Then again, samsung might play it smart and will still surprise us at the unveil, after all, there seem to be at least two different prototypes making the rounds, maybe that's where all the conflicting rumors come from. This might just be a case of more samsung trickery. If, however, all we get is the quad core cpu that's in that other meizu phone, with last year's gpu clocked higher, with a slightly larger but higher res display running ics, then yes, I would be disappointed and have to think twice about upgrading. I also noticed in the video that touchwiz looked like the current touchwiz, same icons and all, hopefully that's just another indicator that only the core hardware is in the hands of these testers and that we will get to see an entirely different product on May 3.

Rumors swirling around that this could indeed be the Galaxy "M" which is a sort of GSII+... If you look at the pics, there's a "M project" logo on the battery. However, there are already many GSII improved variants floating around.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    good question -- it SHOULD work... I'm not a myFaves user myself so I'll have to hunt around.
    I read somewhere (slashgear I think) that these Vietnamese guys have had that model since December, so there definitely will be changes once we see the final unit on the 3rd. Also its been said many times that Samsung put out dummy units, that had the specs they planned to use, but in a case that was misleading to prevent leaks. Don't be put off by the video, I think Samsung still has some tricks up its sleeves

If Samsung releases this phone as the SGS 3, then off I go to the One X. This is fail. And it certainly explains the reports that SGS 3 really is just a minor update.
    BEARD GANG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglemaniac View Post
    If Samsung releases this phone as the SGS 3, then off I go to the One X. This is fail. And it certainly explains the reports that SGS 3 really is just a minor update.
    True no way does that even look like a flagship phone, im hoping that is some lower standard phone like what the ONE v is to the ONE x... otherwise i will defo be getting something else.... please please dont make it a minor update we need a beast to challenge the iphone

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    Rumors swirling around that this could indeed be the Galaxy "M" which is a sort of GSII+... If you look at the pics, there's a "M project" logo on the battery. However, there are already many GSII improved variants floating around.
    Good point, it's probably the M, I'm sure Samsung will impress us all with the sgs3

Quote Originally Posted by sir.mervyn.king View Post
    True no way does that even look like a flagship phone, im hoping that is some lower standard phone like what the ONE v is to the ONE x... otherwise i will defo be getting something else.... please please dont make it a minor update we need a beast to challenge the iphone
    like I was saying earlier, its just a dummy box so they can test out the internals without giving away the design.

Quote Originally Posted by T.phillips39 View Post
    like I was saying earlier, its just a dummy box so they can test out the internals without giving away the design.
    Yea but the internals are disgustingly average. Sorry but nothing differentiates those internals from a run of the mill android made by LG. Who cares what the outside looks like when the inside is average? Atleast the Iphone 4s internals blew away the competition when released.

Also, why in the world is Samsung still making GS 2 variants? And why would a SGS 2 variant be quad core?

I'll wait until the May 3rd launch before I make any judgment on the S3. If it's not what I want or am waiting for, then I'll get the One X.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyandroid View Post
    I'll wait until the May 3rd launch before I make any judgment on the S3. If it's not what I want or am waiting for, then I'll get the One X.
    Ya I am in the same boat, all the rumors in the world do not mean anything. We will all see it in the next few weeks and can go from there.

I honestly do not expect it to be any better than the One X, I mean they are being released within a few months of each other.

Words of wisdom. It is rather difficult to see Samsung go from setting the standard for an android phone to playing catch up a year later. Weird.

Yea but the internals are disgustingly average. Sorry but nothing differentiates those internals from a run of the mill android made by LG. Who cares what the outside looks like when the inside is average? Atleast the Iphone 4s internals blew away the competition when released.

In that article they state that that particular unit in the video is as old as December of last year. So if you think that Samsung hasn't tweaked or adjusted any of its specs since then, you're mistaken. Just be patient and wait for the official reveal, then you can say if you're dissapointed or not

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
    Ya I am in the same boat, all the rumors in the world do not mean anything. We will all see it in the next few weeks and can go from there.

I honestly do not expect it to be any better than the One X, I mean they are being released within a few months of each other.
    It depends on whether we get the A15 or A9. If it's the A9, then the X may be the way to go.

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

It sounds exactly like the Samsung galaxy s 2 hd or whatever its called, this is not the gs3, if it is I will buy the verizon version of the one x, but im certain the sgs3 will be more than this

Also, this phone was seen almost a month ago http://www.androidcentral.com/button...ms-be-gt-i9300
    Last edited by matt0715; 04-20-2012 at 05:48 PM.

It depends on whether we get the A15 or A9. If it's the A9, then the X may be the way to go.
    Hope they give the world some of that a15... Otherwise i may seriousky think of something else

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by matt0715 View Post
    It sounds exactly like the Samsung galaxy s 2 hd or whatever its called, this is not the gs3, if it is I will buy the verizon version of the one x, but im certain the sgs3 will be more than this

Also, this phone was seen almost a month ago http://www.androidcentral.com/button...ms-be-gt-i9300
    Yep...you're right, that's the one we've seen before. Now where was that article that claimed with some authority that the i9300 is NOT the GS3?

Hate to say it but this is truth. May 3rd might be a harsh date for many.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Too many websites with too many rumours. These specs don't match the specs from Amazon Germany. Which one spec is correct? We'll find out on May 3rd, until then, my feet are firmly planted on the ground.