S3 vs Skyrocket HD

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
How can AT&T explain to consumers that they are different devices? Can they really sell both at the same time?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Valid question. It seems too late to release the Skyrocket HD. It's like an Infuse part 2, but worse in some respects. At least the screen was bigger on the Infuse, which differentiated it a bit from the AT&T SGS2. The screen alone could be an area of contention for some unsuspecting buyers, as the Skyrocket HD is AMOLED (Pentile), while the GS3 is supposed to be AMOLED Plus (RGB stripe).

I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out. Part of me wonders if AT&T cancelled the release.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there any indication the S3 will actually have Super AMOLED+ or is that just wishful thinking? GSII phones should be getting updates to Android 4.0 very soon, so that can't be the difference. US versions of S3 won't have quad-core processors, so that can't be the difference.

The only thing I can think of is they just won't release it in the US until the 5250 Exynos chip is ready and/or Super AMOLED+ HD exists. And that might be a while...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there any indication the S3 will actually have Super AMOLED+ or is that just wishful thinking? GSII phones should be getting updates to Android 4.0 very soon, so that can't be the difference. US versions of S3 won't have quad-core processors, so that can't be the difference.

The only thing I can think of is they just won't release it in the US until the 5250 Exynos chip is ready and/or Super AMOLED+ HD exists. And that might be a while...

"Insiders" (lol) have said HD SAMOLED +, but we won't know for sure until next week.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I really hope we get the + display, otherwise the list of "gotta have this phone because" is shrinking more and more.

Can't wait until thursday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2