Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By solid_s_1117
  • 1 Post By Wontfinishlast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Another S3 rumour, sorry

Ok, I know it's another rumour, but, I figured I'd post it here anyway because, well, I'm bored this morning and I thought you might like to get your daily S3 rumour fix. Here you go.

Samsung Galaxy S3 reportedly gets measured by a ruler, reveals a 4.8-inch display | MobileSyrup.com

Default Re: Another S3 rumour, sorry

Nice find. The S3 has to be at 4.8" or close to it to set the next level. The Galaxy S II HD was 4.65" last September.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Global Posts
    1,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Ahh, good. The bigger the better . lol But nahh in all seriousness. It might be bigger than 4.8 inches because by the looks of it. It doesnt seem like they used the ruler correctly and measured.

Why does it have to be bigger to be better? I see nothing wrong with a 4.6-4.7 inch screen.

I really don't think it is going to be bigger than 4.7 inches and the footprint will not increase at all. As much as I love phones with big screens. For most people there is a limit on how big a phone can go.
    Loving my Samsung GS2

Global Posts
    1,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Vikman View Post
    Why does it have to be bigger to be better? I see nothing wrong with a 4.6-4.7 inch screen.
    I was being childish and making a sexual joke. lol. But I do like bigger screens. It just seems like the phone can do more with a bigger screen, and its easier on the eyes.

It doesn't look like 4.8 inches to me. Look closely at that photo, the 4.8 inches comes from the length of the entire phone, the screen is actually slightly shorter than that.
    Last edited by coinmanmat; 04-30-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: corrected spelling error
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Screens are also measured diagonally - which would be longer than vertically.

Either way there's no reason to believe that's the actual phone so why bother guessing at a blurry photo with a ruler next to it! Crazy haha

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post
    Screens are also measured diagonally - which would be longer than vertically.

Either way there's no reason to believe that's the actual phone so why bother guessing at a blurry photo with a ruler next to it! Crazy haha
    Oh forgive me, I forgot how they measure screen size and for all we know this phone could be. Prototype and not the finished product.

Well just to keep the rumor mill churning: This is the Galaxy S3 (UPDATE 16:18 Netherlands Time) | SamMobile

I have no opinion on this, I'm just waiting for Thursday, but it doesn't mean I don't find it interesting

Edit: Already posted on Android Central. My RSS feed was slow. Sorry.
    Last edited by unashamedgeek; 05-01-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Updating that article already up on AC

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB Feb. 28/franco

Quote Originally Posted by unashamedgeek View Post
    Well just to keep the rumor mill churning: This is the Galaxy S3 (UPDATE 16:18 Netherlands Time) | SamMobile.
    Best line from that article, "Samsung wants to show us more than one phone! Our tipster is pointing on GT-I9800 This is just the beginning.'"

Only 48 hours of curiosity left.
    snoopyandroid likes this.

ROM
    CM 10 M2

Quote Originally Posted by unashamedgeek View Post
    Well just to keep the rumor mill churning: This is the Galaxy S3 (UPDATE 16:18 Netherlands Time) | SamMobile

I have no opinion on this, I'm just waiting for Thursday, but it doesn't mean I don't find it interesting

Edit: Already posted on Android Central. My RSS feed was slow. Sorry.
    This might be a stupid question, but I have to ask it. The logo for the Olympics 2012 that Samsung is sponsoring looks a lot like that phone. Just going off the bottom of the picture, where the button are located is related to the logo. Is it possible that this phone could be "the S3"?

Either way...I'm getting the S3 no matter what it looks like.

I'm not sure what their logo is, but I too am most likely to get this device. I'm switching carriers and have been waiting to see this. The only that could change my mind is if the hardware is a failure somehow, then I guess I would go back to the One X.

Quote Originally Posted by BcSirstaroth View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but I have to ask it. The logo for the Olympics 2012 that Samsung is sponsoring looks a lot like that phone. Just going off the bottom of the picture, where the button are located is related to the logo. Is it possible that this phone could be "the S3"?

Either way...I'm getting the S3 no matter what it looks like.
    Seen others point out the Sammy Olympic logo. Very similar.

I probably am a go, depending on gt-i9800, gti9500 or gt-i9300 info. Have a Skyrocket which will tide me over a little longer if need be...
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Could we see an i9300 AND an i9800 release on the same day? That would be fantastic, but I don't think it'll happen. I can dream tho, can't I?

How comes no screen images have leaked of the new touchwiz ??

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyandroid View Post
    Could we see an i9300 AND an i9800 release on the same day? That would be fantastic, but I don't think it'll happen. I can dream tho, can't I?
    Lots of people are saying they're going to unveil more than one phone at unpacked. I bet its going to be something like the HTC One line with both top of the line and affordable options revealed.
    snoopyandroid likes this.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Quote Originally Posted by sir.mervyn.king View Post
    White text, black background. This must be real!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post
    White text, black background. This must be real!
    Hahah... Yeh bit of a stupid finding.. But anything s3 is exciting...

Actually I was hoping to see it before official announcement... so where are the leaks? Tired of watching dummy boxes and screen protectors..

Quote Originally Posted by whycry View Post
    Actually I was hoping to see it before official announcement... so where are the leaks? Tired of watching dummy boxes and screen protectors..
    Dont look like we will se e a true leak