When will an LTE version come out?

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
That's cause CNET are a bunch of sheep loving idiots. If they actually listened Samsung said end of May Europe and summer release for the US. I can bet it'll be around the summer Olympics for us in the US.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
That's cause CNET are a bunch of sheep loving idiots. If they actually listened Samsung said end of May Europe and summer release for the US. I can bet it'll be around the summer Olympics for us in the US.

I hope you're right. Samsung only talked about the HSPA+ version though, not LTE, right? And I'm betting Verizon and Sprint will take a while to umm, 'modify' the phone with their software. If it even comes to Verizon.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I've read a few sources saying "June" for North America. Kind of a long wait when I could buy the HTC One X on Sunday. I might do that anyways and just use it for 30 days then return - kind of worth $35 I guess?

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
From Engadget's report from London:

Okay, okay, it's here -- but when can you actually get your hands on Samsung's Galaxy S III? Well, if you're in Europe, you're looking at a May 29th release for the HSPA+ version. Those of us in North America, Japan and Korea will have to wait a bit longer for speed -- the LTE version of the handset will be hitting those areas in the summer. Specifically, it'll be arriving in the US in June.

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I've read a few sources saying "June" for North America. Kind of a long wait when I could buy the HTC One X on Sunday. I might do that anyways and just use it for 30 days then return - kind of worth $35 I guess?

Yeah, but that's risky. You have no confirmation if it is going to be released in a 30 day period of when the HTC ONE X comes out.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but that's risky. You have no confirmation if it is going to be released in a 30 day period of when the HTC ONE X comes out.

I'm switching from BlackBerry - it might be good to use the HTC One X for 30 days - then back to my BlackBerry for a few weeks - then to the S3. Assuming that process doesn't change my mind!

I would probably just go with the HTC One X if not for the stupid 16GB storage with no Micro SD. I still want to wait and get some more detailed hands-on reviews of the S3 though. Things like camera quality, battery life, s4 performance, touchwiz review etc. still matter.

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from BlackBerry - it might be good to use the HTC One X for 30 days - then back to my BlackBerry for a few weeks - then to the S3. Assuming that process doesn't change my mind!

I would probably just go with the HTC One X if not for the stupid 16GB storage with no Micro SD. I still want to wait and get some more detailed hands-on reviews of the S3 though. Things like camera quality, battery life, s4 performance, touchwiz review etc. still matter.

You can keep switching back and forth like that? Also do you get a 30 day switch if you buy it for full retail price?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You can keep switching back and forth like that? Also do you get a 30 day switch if you buy it for full retail price?

I believe AT&T corporate accepts returns within 30 days and you may only do a return every 30 days - you pay a $35 restocking fee and your contract status is reset to where it was before.

I own my BlackBerry so I will simply be using the One X and then return it - unless I love it too much to do so - and then go back to my BB until the S3 comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678