It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

Lol @ people that are posting benchmarks of Exynos. Do you even know if the US version of the S3 will have this processor?

The S3 is a big disappointment and looks like a flop. The design looks childish with the ridiculous rounded edges not to mention the sub par pentile display. :yack:

HTC One X owners who pre-ordered should be feeling pretty smart right about now.

Reactions: crackberrytraitor

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

And lets not forget the new HTC phones are almost impossible to root. Whereas Samsung phones are much friendlier to devs. So guess which phone will see custom roms earlier.

Based on what I've seen, I'd rather use TW than Sense 4, and I'm a huge Evo supporter. Sense 4 has no new features at all.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Lol @ people that are posting benchmarks of Exynos. Do you even know if the US version of the S3 will have this processor?

The S3 is a big disappointment and looks like a flop. The design looks childish with the ridiculous rounded edges not to mention the sub par pentile display. :yack:

HTC One X owners who pre-ordered should be feeling pretty smart right about now.

Are we buying phones based on the design now? The display is just one feature, there are plenty of things the S3 does better.

jandoz

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Im a galaxy note user n was lookin forward for s3.. But it doesn impress.. Htc one x is better than s3.. When i feel like changin my phone next time if samsung has the same crappy interface.. Im switchin to htc or somethin else other than samsung..

jkovacs

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

It's not obvious at all. It's all about personal preference and my preference is removable storage and battery. So, unless I discover some deal breaker (and no the display won't be it) the S3 wins FOR ME.

Reactions: jroc

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

HTC One X vs Samsung Galaxy S3:
Better display - Check (Pentile sucks compared to whatever magic HTC cooked up on the One X screen)
Build quality - Check (polycarbonate beats plastic any day of the week)
User Interface - Check (Sense > Touchwiz)
Processor - TBD (the dual core S4 is no slouch)
Battery - TBD (early reviews give high marks to the One X)

You need to go back to your doctor. Your meds need to be upgraded.

Last edited:

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm still debating which phone to get...EVO LTE or GS3? So far from what I see, HTC improved their ui and Samsung's look blah to be honest. I love the pebble blue color of the GS3. EVO has the better screen in my opinion. I've seen slcd2 in person and its the most gorgeous screen I've seen to date. I have to see the GS3 in person and make a better judgement. Question....there's no more wallpaper scrolling with the GS3?

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

LOL @ You for thinking everyone lives in the US or is getting the US version.

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site

GS3 is a big disappointment. I hate apple just like the rest but Sammy needs to stop copying everything apple does. Siri clone? Sammy could do better than that lol. There laptops even look like mac books lol

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

One more thing to add to the score chart:

Web Browsing

Have you seen the odd behavior of the One X when you zoom in and out rapidly? It takes a long time to reformat the text, makes for a laggy experience. Also, in their effort to always maximized the browser, there seem to be some inconsistencies as to when the top and bottom navigation bars come up. From the Videos I have seen, web browsing looks much better on the GS3.

I guess you can level the playing field by just using Google Chrome?

What exactly is a childish design?

What's wrong with round edges? Do you enjoy the sharp ones on the iPhone 4 and 4S? It's not just about the look of the phone, it's also about the feel. Personally, I much rather have something in my hand that doesn't hurt when you grip it tightly. Ever seen a sharp edged bar of soap?

As far as the "sub par" pentile display.... read my other posts about my opinion on that if you care to do so. Yes it's not cutting edge technology, but yo can't base how it looks on videos you watch.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

One major factor still unknown is how the S3's camera quality will be - need to see some extensive real world photos. The One X gallery shows some very nice quality.

Also for us US users there are still so many things to wait and see...tick tock tick tock (again).

StinDaWg

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Everything I've seen shows they are using the same camera sensor from the S2 in the S3.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

One major factor still unknown is how the S3's camera quality will be - need to see some extensive real world photos. The One X gallery shows some very nice quality.

Also for us US users there are still so many things to wait and see...tick tock tick tock (again).

After all the talk about the greatness of the One X camera, I was surprised to see so many rather average reviews as far the camera goes, mostly complaining about the softness of the pictures.

And yep, clock is ticking again. Oh well, we will get to see new stuff at CTIA this month, will most likely see the release and reviews of the Evo 4g LTE, will then see the GS3 reviews of the european versions by the end of may, and before you know it.....it shall be our turn! :)

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

without a SD card and data caps on AT&T the One X is useless to me. Its a gorgeous phone but those are compromises I can't make.

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site

You need to go back to your doctor. Your meds needs to be upgraded.
Is this like your thing? Resort to personal attacks when you can't think of anything to say? :rolleyes:

The HTC One X kicks S3's butt in most things except in the memory department. No two ways about it. Accept it and move on.

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Is this like your thing? Resort to personal attacks when you can't think of anything to say? :rolleyes:

The HTC One X kicks S3's butt in most things except in the memory department. No two ways about it. Accept it and move on.

I still don't follow the logic behind you guys that say this. Honestly, I think some One X people probably have buyers remorse. Maybe the SGS3 for the US might not be that big of a deal because it will be using the S4. And that I can understand. But the international version is honestly the best Android IMO as of right now. And that's IMO for the following reasons.

Better display - Check (Pentile sucks compared to whatever magic HTC cooked up on the One X screen)
Screen - Personal preference, OLED has better contrast, SLCD2 has denser pixels

User Interface - TW with voice recognition and photo like instagram and lighter lory > Sense

CPU - Exynos > Tegra 3 and S4
Source: The impressive Samsung Galaxy S III benchmarks are here - GSMArena.com news

GPU - Exynos > Tegra 3 and S4
Source:
AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S III Performance Preview: It's Fast

CPU
46294.png

46298.png

46297.png

GPU
46301.png

46302.png

46303.png

46304.png

46299.png

46300.png

Battery - GS3 has 300 more mah, can be wirelessly charged and battery is removable.

Storage - SDHC Card slot for GS3

Cloud Storage - GS3 50 GB > 25 GB

Extras: Samsung has a lot more services such as their video, music, entertainment centers, etc. GS3

The only thing the HTC One X wins in is maybe design, but you can't remove the battery and maybe build quality.

Reactions: jroc

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I won't declare either phone better. It all depends on what is important to the buyer. Both phones have different strengths.

Overall I like the Galaxy S III more than the HTC One X. Here are the reasons based on my own personal values for a phone...

+ Removable battery. This is pretty high on my value list. I can live without it. But I really desire to have this. I like to buy a spare battery and have it ready should I ever do something bone headed like forget to charge my phone or leave some app running that kills my battery. Being able to swap out my battery is a huge convenience.

+ Micro SD slot. I heard it supports 64GB micro SD cards, it has an SDXC slot? Cool. I love having expandable storage. I realize I can't swing a dead rat without hitting a dozen clouds, but my T-Mobile coverage isn't as great as I'd like, sometimes I can't stream music in some areas. So I really depend on local storage and love to have as much of it as I can.

+ GPU power in the Exynos 4 looks pretty impressive. And it's a 32nm A9 quad core with independent frequency control. So hopefully this plays out favorably for battery life. In the US, both the GS3 and One X seem to be getting Qualcomm S4 processors, so if obtained locally it's a draw. If I import an International version it'd have the Exynos 4. Though at the moment I'm doubtful that would work on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network.

- SGS3 using using Super AMOLED pentile. People freak out over the mention of pentile, but I haven't noticed anything negative about that on my Galaxy Nexus. And I overall like the Galaxy Nexus display. Only complaint is it looks a bit grainy, but Anandtech's preview sounds like the SGS3 may not have that issue. Either way, this probably won't be as nice as the One X, but I imagine it's going to be pretty good. And I really do like how black the blacks look on AMOLED screens.

+ Back side is more flush. What I mean is I'm not a big fan of that huge bezel sticking out of the back of the HTC One X. The SGS3 is more flatter.

HTC One X definitely has a list of pros too. But some of it's biggest ones such as a better camera, just happen to be really low on my value list. I take very few pictures, so the camera quality from me is fine on either phone. And so forth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon