It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

wilfreb

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Ive tested a lot of custom roms, launchers and themes, including vanilla ICS and i always come back the the stock touchwiz, i just love it and its very intuitive and easy to use.

sent from my Galaxy S2

mihqke

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you compare two phones side by side you see that one X screen is better but pentile screen isn't so bad that you can't use your phone because of that. RGB is good because your friend can compare phones and say that he has better screen but if you go home you don't look your phones pentile screen and say that I have crappy phone. Average user don't see the difference when he uses his phone daily. People don't compare their phones every day.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

Go back to the X forums and stop trolling.

Is that a turn?

It's a very poor turn, almost as if you've decided you don't like arguing on the Internet after all. Follow that path, it leads to enlightenment.

And I'm almost tempted to move this thread to the One X forums. I'd thought about doing it the other day anyway, but I'm sure some fanboy who likes to cause trouble would simply make another one just like it.

Last edited:

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

It's a very poor turn, almost as if you've decided you don't like arguing on the Internet after all. Follow that path, it leads to enlightenment.

And I'm almost tempted to move this thread to the One X forums. I'd thought about doing it the other day anyway, but I'm sure some fanboy who likes to cause trouble would simply make another one just like it.

Whatever, I've got better things to do with my time.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Whatever, I've got better things to do with my time.

google-plus1.png

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

You guys are arguing over a opinions? Really????? Not even funny

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I will be giving my money to Samsung on this one. I predict the SGSIII will easily outsell the One X on each carrier where they compete and overall.

I gotta back up SnoopyAndroid on this one! I certainly do not think saying the SGSIII is a superior phone to the One X is stupid...but then I am biased in favor of Samsung. That is not stupid...we all have bias for one thing or another.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, so glad you are enlightened and don't argue on the internet.

Really do not appreciate you attacking people on these boards. I come to Android Central to gather the latest information on the mobile industry. Please do not turn these forums into a place for personal attacks because you do not like an opinion.

Reactions: snoopyandroid

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I dont even want to input my opinion anymore after reading this super intense forum.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have worries about both phones. With the evo, how difficult will be getting and maintaining root. We know the boot loader can be unlocked but can it hold a custom recovery?

As for the Samsung. I have had both the epic4g and the nexus s4g. Both had terrible radios while HTC have been known for good radios.

The only thing I know for sure is one of these phones will be mine in July. Either way, I'm betting that I'll be happy. :beer:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Really do not appreciate you attacking people on these boards. I come to Android Central to gather the latest information on the mobile industry. Please do not turn these forums into a place for personal attacks because you do not like an opinion.
You haven't obviously watched or listened to any of AC's Podcasts? Jerry is one of the most laid back and easy going people around. He will shoot it to you straight, no bull no sugar on top.. You watch and listen for a few weeks and you realize how much depth and knowledge Jerry possesses and its simply mind boggling..

I think if you really look at what Jerry and the other poster were doing here is a bit of joking around and nothing more.

Back on topic anyways..

Until we have both devices in store in the US to see side by side I can not make a final decision which way I'm going.

I'm a Samsung fan but I'll admit HTC has put together quite an eye catcher here ;)

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Have people talked about how the S3 feels in the hand compared to the One X? The One X, despite it's size, is supposedly feels like a dream in your hands, is well balanced and is a joy to hold. I wonder if people who've had the chance to see the S3 in person feel the same way about it.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Have people talked about how the S3 feels in the hand compared to the One X? The One X, despite it's size, is supposedly feels like a dream in your hands, is well balanced and is a joy to hold. I wonder if people who've had the chance to see the S3 in person feel the same way about it.

Played around with one the other day. Gotta say yeah it feels really nice in the hand. Dare I say could be even better than my GN> Styling is great also and a big improvement over the TB and rezound.

I am kinda baffled why the op chose this forum to post and not in the One-x forum.

Last edited:

StinDaWg

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

If the screen on the One X and S3 are pretty close in clarity I'm pretty sure the blacks of AMOLED will sway me in its direction. I can't get enough of that contrast it just looks so good. I haven't seen an lcd yet on a phone that doesn't look like crap when watching a video or something where there is a lot of black detail. Colors "pop" because of the black level. And I don't mean that overly blue contrasty look that most AMOLEDs have. I put my Epic 4G Touch in movie mode and the color accuracy is amazing. OLED gets a bad wrap as looking artificial but the fact of the matter is that most OLED phones ship with a ridiculously high (cold) color temp out of the box with no way to change it. It's similar to the way manufacturers set their tvs to vivid mode in the stores to catch you eye, but when you take it home it looks terrible. The only phones I know that allow you to change the color temp is the International and Sprint Galaxy S2. By putting the screen into movie mode the color temp is closer to the industry standard of 6500k. From what I understand you can do this on the S3 too but who knows if that option will be removed for the U.S. versions like what happened with the S2.

Last edited:

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Are you guys really complaining because someone said something was stupid? This isn't kindergarden people...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

If the screen on the One X and S3 are pretty close in clarity I'm pretty sure the blacks of AMOLED will sway me in its direction. I can't get enough of that contrast it just looks so good. I haven't seen an lcd yet on a phone that doesn't look like crap when watching a video or something where there is a lot of black detail. Colors "pop" because of the black level. And I don't mean that overly blue contrasty look that most AMOLEDs have. I put my Epic 4G Touch in movie mode and the color accuracy is amazing. OLED gets a bad wrap as looking artificial but the fact of the matter is that most OLED phones ship with a ridiculously high (cold) color temp out of the box with no way to change it. It's similar to the way manufacturers set their tvs to vivid mode in the stores to catch you eye, but when you take it home it looks terrible. The only phones I know that allow you to change the color temp is the International and Sprint Galaxy S2. By putting the screen into movie mode the color temp is closer to the industry standard of 6500k. From what I understand you can do this on the S3 too but who knows if that option will be removed for the U.S. versions like what happened with the S2.

I had no idea US carriers were removing this feature! What possible reason can you have for removing a setting like this, it makes no sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995