It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

Maybe I'm just saying these things because I have a thunderbolt (which was a failure until I finally rooted). I sure will give android another chance, but it needs lots of work

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
As an HTC One X customer, I just need the data to work, the missed and dropped calls are just killing me, not to mention inexcusable on a finished product. I could of lived with the multitasking butchering and the the other little stuff but data? I realize no phone is perfect but the data HAS to work or the phone is just useless.

Anyways I'm waiting for my SG3 to come from expansys, I hope it comes soon cause I feel crippled.

Why don't you get a replacement, as your phone is obviously broken, instead of acting like that's some sort of problem all HOXs have.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I just thought I would chime in as I have neither a 1X or S3. My experience with pentile screens is with the D3. I can see the pixels plain as day, if I look close enough. However, when I go outside I can read what's on the screen better than any phone I have ever used.

As for the iPhone, my wife has the 4S and it is perfectly capable. The Retina display is beautiful, crisp, clear, and bright. It works for her. I, on the other hand, couldn't use it daily because of the lack of customizability, and the lack of swype. Everything else works great.

I agree that the phones are and should be left to personal preference. I want a phone with a removable battery, an sd card slot, and on Verizon, hence the S3 fits the bill. If the 1X were on Verizon I would consider it, but alas it is not. There is not a perfect device out there, so to each their own. "Can't we all just get along?"

Typed on the New iPad.

Reactions: matt0715

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The shape and form of the gs3 I doesn't look good at all. I'd give the edge to the one x. As far as shape and looks go. The display on Both of the devices are good, so tie there. expandable storage and battery are the reason the Galaxy s 3 wins hands down. Also unlocked boot loaders on Sammy's. I can't wait there is a few devices I am looking forward to.

Sent from my iPad2
using Tapatalk

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Having owned a rooted One X for about three weeks before switching back to my Vivid, I actually think that not only will the GS3 be better than the One X but my Vivid most certainly is. There is nothing that the HOX can do that my Vivid can't, but their is at least one thing that my Vivid can do that the One X can't do. Actually more than one thing. :p

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The shape and form of the gs3 I doesn't look good at all. I'd give the edge to the one x. As far as shape and looks go. The display on Both of the devices are good, so tie there. expandable storage and battery are the reason the Galaxy s 3 wins hands down. Also unlocked boot loaders on Sammy's. I can't wait there is a few devices I am looking forward to.

Sent from my iPad2
using Tapatalk

Personally I think the gs3 looks better

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

And Sprint, which is a major loss against both for some people. For me, in a relatively large city in California (I think we're like the 5th largest or something in CA) I actually get a warning on the sprint website saying they won't be able to guarantee quality service in my area. Judging by other's experiences in my area, that's a real problem. Not for the majority, but there is a large minority where it is a problem.

Not true, dont know where you read this but Sprint has EXCELLENT service in California, particularly big cities like LA and San Francisco.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I think they both look good. I have never been able to go without a case, so unimportant to me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Sprint is STILL extremely slow.... Which is why Verizon customers like myself cant wait for this phone. I'll be looking forward to the Razr HD as well but currently on a Bionic I cant see Motorola putting out anything comparable to BOTH these phonss yet...

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Being a potential Anroid owner and an existing RIM owner as well as having sifted through 17 pages of this "my dog is better than your dog" thread, I thought that I was getting away from that level of immaturity of RIM vs Apple.

It is all about personal preference and which phone meets your needs the best. That being said, we are talking about a PHONE that has some impressive add-ons that make it more like a tablet with a phone attached or phablets. IMO function always wins over form though form is important to the overall experience.

Even though the US GS3 version has not arrived so that it can be compared to the One X, the multiple comparison videos from phonearena, gsmarena and android authority show differences between the two devices. The individual performances are what they are. Video does not lie but can be manipulated with editing which does not appear to be the case.

Whenever we are able to see a comparison of the US variant of the SG3 and the HOX, the true winner depends upon which one provides the best user experiences and performance together, both aspects which are entirely subjective.

IMO, having actually gone into an AT&T store and actually had a chance to evaluate the HOX, and having watched multiple comparison videos of features and functionality. I have to say that I find the overall user experience of the GS3 is better and more intuitive, an opinion that may change with the actual variant to personally compare. The menus seems more organized and user friendly on the GS3. The camera and multi-tasking seem better on the GS3.

The GS3 has the ability to expand memory and a removable battery as well as the Smart Stay, features not found on the HOX. It has a larger display that I like. The AMOLED vs LCD2 issue is not a big deal to me especially considering the RIM displays that I am used to. Both the GS3 and HOX have strengths that are attractive and weaknesses that can be overcome with third party software.

Last edited:
Reactions: jroc

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Being a potential Anroid owner and an existing RIM owner as well as having sifted through 17 pages of this "my dog is better than your dog" thread, I thought that I was getting away from that level of immaturity of RIM vs Apple.

It is all about personal preference and which phone meets your needs the best. That being said, we are talking about a PHONE that has some impressive add-ons that make it more like a tablet with a phone attached or phablets. IMO function always wins over form though form is important to the overall experience.

Even though the US SG3 version has not arrived so that it can be compared to the One X, the multiple comparison videos from phonearena, gsmarena and android authority show differences between the two devices. The individual performances are what they are. Video does not lie but can be manipulated with editing which does not appear to be the case.

Whenever we are able to see a comparison of the US variant of the GS3 and the HOX, the true winner depends upon which one provides the best user experiences and performance together, both aspects which are entirely subjective.

IMO, having actually gone into an AT&T store and actually had a chance to evaluate the HOX, and having watched multiple comparison videos of features and functionality. I have to say that I find the overall user experience of the SG3 is better and more intuitive, an opinion that may change with the actual variant to personally compare. The menus seems more organized and user friendly on the SG3. The camera and multi-tasking seem better on the SG3.

The SG3 has the ability to expand memory and a removable battery as well as the Smart Stay, features not found on the HOX. It has a larger display that I like. The AMOLED vs LCD2 issue is not a big deal to me especially considering the RIM displays that I am used to. Both the SG3 and HOX have strengths that are attractive and weaknesses that can be overcome with third party software.

I agree with you except that it is abbreviated GS3 lol :-X

Fuad Hossain

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Better display - Most likely One X. Just because it is pentile does not mean it will be bad. I'll bet it will be pretty close and the average person will not really care.
Build quality - opinion. Just because it is plastic does not mean poor build quality.
User Interface - opinion. Some prefer Sense and others prefer TW.
Processor - in the US, gonna be the same S4.
Battery - S3 will probably be better. Given the same S4 chip and a larger battery.

On board storage: S3. optional 32/64 GB.
Removable storage: S3
Removable battery: S3
Wireless charging: S3

So really the only area the One X will be better is the display. And it is not like the S3 display will be bad. It will still be better than anything out there, except the One X.

s3 is painted plastic, my friends s3 is already loosing color on the edges. polycarbonated is not painted so does not loose its color...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Id have the One X in an instant if it had expandable storage...... the X+,.... i might just start using cloud media lol :D

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I loved my gs3 when I had it,that bigger display is dearly missed. It was a great phone but HTC sense left a whole where touchwiz or anyother 3rd party UI couldn't fit. Gotta hand it to HTC,they got things right. :D except for the storage,when I think of a top android phone. I think 32 or 64Gb. Not a measly 16,hell not even. Only had 10 to begin with. -_-

Sent from my awesome HTC one x:)

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Why are we commenting on a troll thread with the latest comment not from today is around four/five months ago, and the topic started 6.