S3 Micro SIM

ElliottByers

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just off the phone with three to pre order the s3 and it has a micro sim rather than a normal one.

Don't know if this was announced at the live event for anyone that cares :)

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Dammnnn I was going for this phone but now. No thx I don't want to cut my simcard and once I decode to change my phone then what ? Wait for carrier to give u new sim ? Damn

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
dude guys, it's just a microsim. Buy a microsim cutter, it's like 5 bucks. Now you have both a microsim AND an adapter. I really don't see what the big deal is... it's just a smaller sim card, nothing to fret about. The highend smartphones are all making the move to microsim now days.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess that I never really noticed as I believe the one in my wife's i4 is similar in size to my RIM devices.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a SIM cutter from Amazon for $4 and that included shipping and several adapters so I can go between the SGSIII and my Galaxy Notes. I practiced on a few of my old SIM cards. Very easy to do! If I bork it on the real deal, just pick up a new one at AT&T.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I am sure that AT&T will put the SIM in upon purchase anyway.

Yes but depending on the price some may go with another vendor to save the sales tax. If Amazon is close on the price like they are with the One X (same price as AT&T) , I will get it from Amazon, cut my own SIM and be off to the races!

I am buying no commitment.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
That's above my pay grade. Need the carrier subsidy since we have things like car payments and school tuition.

Mike231

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a SIM cutter from Amazon for $4 and that included shipping and several adapters so I can go between the SGSIII and my Galaxy Notes. I practiced on a few of my old SIM cards. Very easy to do! If I bork it on the real deal, just pick up a new one at AT&T.

Be very careful about using a micro sim with adapter in the Note. Most adapters get caught and break the pins, making a possible expensive repair.