View Poll Results: White, Blue, or Indifferent?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • White

42 39.25%
  • Blue

53 49.53%
  • I don't care I just want the damned thing!

12 11.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Blue or White?

I have never had a phone color other than black but I have seen many other phones (iPhone, HTC One S and X, etc.) in the white and I think it looks sharp as hell. I am leaning towards getting it in white, when and if it releases on VZW, but I was wondering if it was too much of a hassle to keep clean and such. Opinions?

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Default Re: Blue or White?

I really want all black, I like to stick to the solid basic colors. If its not black or white I dont want it. Plus since everything goes with black and white, the case doesnt matter where as if I got a blue phone I couldnt get something like pink or brown with it. Thats just ugly. Black FTW!!!

Global Posts
    777 Global Posts

If I were to get one I'd get the blue. White always shows dirt or stains with age. Plus the blue is so dark it looks black.

This is probably the main thing I dislike about the phone. I am not crazy about either color.

I've never owned a white phone, but in this situation I'd probably give it a try. Because I just don't think I'd like the dark blue phone with that brushed pattern.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The blue does look as dark as the black, however the white goes with so much more with other cases and such.

Would like to see available cases. May change my mind, but think Blue is better for me.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I voted white. Ever since I saw the first white iPhone 3GS I thought it kinda looks...well.. delicious! My friend has a white E4GT and it looks just as yummy, even the Evo 4G with the white back looked nice. I have had nothing but black phones, so it will be a nice change to go white. Also, the white probably shows less fingerprints than a darker color does. That is one thing I do like about the black E4GT, the only fingerprints it shows are on the glass.

The blue that Samsung used in all the blobs looks a lot lighter than the actual phone. Had they used that blue on the phone I might have went with that. It will be interesting to see what the blue looks like when I hold it in my hands, but as for now, I am going white.

Think it may even be darker than it looked. Noticed a blue tint to the light in most of the photos. Some even made it look purple.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    Think it may even be darker than it looked. Noticed a blue tint to the light in most of the photos. Some even made it look purple.
    Yep, I guess if they would have looked the blue in the blobs, I might have looked more like a toy and not like a phone. I am still getting over that hideous Lumia 900. Some people think that thing looks great and has an innovative design, all I see is a brick with rounded sides so you won't slice your hand open when you use the thing.

Voted White

the other one looks purple when zoomed in, or when you look closely.

I think I would go blue.. White is cool but seeing how the case will show scratches, as it gets a but worn and ground in over time the white will take on I believe a more "dirty" appearance than the blue.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I think I would go blue.. White is cool but seeing how the case will show scratches, as it gets a but worn and ground in over time the white will take on I believe a more "dirty" appearance than the blue.
    I thought about how dirt might show as well. Then I thought of my friends with white iPhones. Do they have cracks all over? Yes lol. Are they dirty though? No. And they dont keep cases on them so Im wondering if it will be the same for the GS3. I know they are made out of way different materials.

I would have to see both in person but right now I'm leaning towards the blue
    snoopyandroid likes this.

Im surpirsed this blue is wanted by many... although i will be gettin the white... the blue looks good
    equishd likes this.

If I had to choose, I'd pick white. But I don't care for either color honestly. I like my phones black, like my coffee.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by:
    Tkbredx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebow27 View Post
    but I was wondering if it was too much of a hassle to keep clean and such. Opinions?
    I use a screen protector called ghost armour. It can cover the screen or the whole phone and it looks great. It doesn't take anything away from the look of the phone and protects the phone. So if you want the white, get it ghost armoured right away to protect it from scratches, dirt and finger prints.

Quote Originally Posted by drparanoid1 View Post
    I would have to see both in person but right now I'm leaning towards the blue
    Me too.

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    I thought about how dirt might show as well. Then I thought of my friends with white iPhones. Do they have cracks all over? Yes lol. Are they dirty though? No. And they dont keep cases on them so Im wondering if it will be the same for the GS3. I know they are made out of way different materials.
    The iPhone has a sheet of glass between the paint and dirt. The SGS3 will not.

I never cared for white as it gets dirty too easy. I had a white HTC Wildfire S and I only used the phone for a couple of months but by the time I got rid of it, it wasnt white anymore
    Current phone im using: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by E_man View Post
    The iPhone has a sheet of glass between the paint and dirt. The SGS3 will not.
    ????

I don't get all this white will get dirty... I've had many white devices...not a mark on them, not sure where you guys take your phones lol

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyandroid View Post
    ????
    The iPhone has white paint with a sheet of glass over it. That's the front and back covers. Glass doesn't stain. The GS3 has white plastic, which does discolor and stain and get nasty. Blue for me.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by VetteDude View Post
    The iPhone has white paint with a sheet of glass over it. That's the front and back covers. Glass doesn't stain. The GS3 has white plastic, which does discolor and stain and get nasty. Blue for me.
    Thanks. I don't own and never have owned an iphone, so I didn't know.

ROM
    SlimICS

Quote Originally Posted by VetteDude View Post
    I would think the hypergloss finish they put on this phone over the polycarbonate would protect it from any discoloration. Dont think it will "stain."

Anywho, I was totally sold on the blue originally, but now I'm not sure--the blue is starting to look abit purple to me. However, the guys at Engadget and here at AndoirdCentral seem to think blue is the sexier beast. I'll have to see them in person, but if I was just ordering blindly right now, I think I'd go with blue.

Global Posts
    777 Global Posts

The blue may look purple because Samsung had neon purple lights everywhere or least several podcast have mentioned the neon purple lights as a white balance nightmare in trying to take pics of the device.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast