Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Giles Knap View Post
    Chaps,

You might like to try this Samsung Galaxy S3 Cool Vent Case - White: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics official Samsung case that looks great and barely adds any thickness to the phone.

It has a lanyard attachment on the back to which I have added a standard short camera strap. It is perfectly positioned to reach around the wrist in one handed portrait and landscape operation.

Now I can operate the phone with a high degree of confidence that it wont slip out of the hand.
    That's actually a slot to stick a coin in to use as a kickstand...

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This whole wrist strap convo got me thinking about how I used the white wrist strap that came with my PSP on my white epic touch. That strap is so strong you could twirl your phone around it and the strap not break.

The genius in me decided to take the strap off since I hadn't dropped the phone while using it. Guess what happened? Yep.....dropped it and not just once. :o

Going forward I'll never be wrist strapless again.

Where did you put the wrist strap at on the epic touch?

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Where did you put the wrist strap at on the epic touch?

Right above the volume rocker you'll see a hole (looks like a square). Take the battery cover off and you'll see a lip there. Place your strap around that lip. I did it with tweezers. That lip is what stops the strap from lifting up when you put the battery cover back on.

Tappin' from my SGP 5.0
    Thanked by:
    li2327 

Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    Right above the volume rocker you'll see a hole (looks like a square). Take the battery cover off and you'll see a lip there. Place your strap around that lip. I did it with tweezers. That lip is what stops the strap from lifting up when you put the battery cover back on.

Tappin' from my SGP 5.0
    Thanks so much. I had no idea. :rolleyes:

Default Re: is there a wrist strap hole in galaxy S3?

Thanks, Giles Knap. I followed your advice and got the "half case" from Amazon. It has a wrist strap fixing and it really doesnt feel any bulkier. Good tip!

Same here...at 72 slippery phones and cameras can be problems. The wrist strap is great help.

I use fishing line threaded through the back cover slot and looped around the battery. The fishing line can serve as an attachment point for a lanyard, wrist strap, or my personal favorite, a retractable badge holder. It worked on my old Samsung Galaxy S Continuum and on my new Samsung Galaxy S3. It should work on any phone with a removable battery. I posted a Youtube video showing how make the loop.

What happens if the back comes off?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

For two years with my previous Samsung Galaxy S Continuum, the fishing line through the back cover slot never pried the back off. I did have problems with the line starting to slice around the rim and uplifting one edge of the cover. Luckily the back cover had so much friction around the other edges, it didn't come close to prying off. I limited that problem with some (admittedly ugly) duct tape.

With my new Galaxy S3, the fishing line is held in place by the USB port that shares the fingernail slot, so the hookup is much more secure than with my previous phone. I don't need duct tape.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Isnt the slot next to headphone jack one, if u look at it with batt' cover off, youll see theres a clip.
    Sorry if its been said..... long thread

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

So far:
    Ringke Slim Lite by Rearth
    Rokbed by Rokform

I've been told that Incipio has cases were there's a spot for lanyard/wriststrap attachment, and I'm currently looking into that with the company.

Yeah, most don't use lanyards or wriststraps anymore; however, they're really amazing if you're a wee bit klutzy like myself, OR to prevent theft (my old phone was stolen yesterday)

Not that I see one?? Care to show us a picture thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12