Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is there a wrist strap hole in galaxy S3?

is there a wrist strap hole in galaxy S3?

Default Re: is there a wrist strap hole in galaxy S3?

I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by losmix View Post
    is there a wrist strap hole in galaxy S3?
    Does anyone even use that anymore?
    RawisTheGameHhH likes this.

Coming from the Palm world, I have always used a tether strap and have never dropped a phone. It is handy for dragging out of the pocket and with living on a lake, it gives that extra sense of security when holding out over the water to take a photo. For my HTC EVO 4G, I attach the strap to the Otter Box case.

When you reach the age of 72, you will appreciate this also. The ElderTechTutor.
    LoveMyPhone and equishd like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I also use wrist strap, and my galaxy s2 never dropped on the floor. i remember 3 times when it went flying from my hand but strap prevented a crash on the floor.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

somebody use it, and the others dont. the question was is there any? It is a very important for me to decide should i buy it.

wriststrap is so USEFUL

cameras,phones, other things are so safe with this, but not 100% safe.

but atleast, they give safety

I haven't seen a wrist strap on smart phones. Well...I never really noticed it. Would love one on my phone. They do come in handy.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Global Posts
    4,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think your only option is to get a case that has one.

Chaps,

You might like to try this Samsung Galaxy S3 Cool Vent Case - White: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics official Samsung case that looks great and barely adds any thickness to the phone.

It has a lanyard attachment on the back to which I have added a standard short camera strap. It is perfectly positioned to reach around the wrist in one handed portrait and landscape operation.

Now I can operate the phone with a high degree of confidence that it wont slip out of the hand.
    Thanked by:

No, there is not. Shame, I like wriststraps.
    DAS

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Giles Knap View Post
    Chaps,

You might like to try this Samsung Galaxy S3 Cool Vent Case - White: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics official Samsung case that looks great and barely adds any thickness to the phone.

It has a lanyard attachment on the back to which I have added a standard short camera strap. It is perfectly positioned to reach around the wrist in one handed portrait and landscape operation.

Now I can operate the phone with a high degree of confidence that it wont slip out of the hand.
    That's not a bad looking case. I'm not into the lanyard thing, but this option seems to be a good alternative.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

Quote Originally Posted by losmix View Post
    the question was is there any? It is a very important for me to decide should i buy it.
    I have not seen any sign of a lanyard loop in the pics...but here is another case option with one;

LINKY

Are you planning to buy a fanny pack with your wrist strap?
    Thanked by 3:
    weezul likes this.

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

Some of these threads amaze me. I'm dying to get my phone and everytime I come back here to see if someone has received a tracking email all I see is......lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

I created my own and it's saved my phone twice now. Once above concrete and the other from water last weekend.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx
    Last edited by rbess1965; 06-19-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Darn, I was hoping to have an easy upgrade. I need wrist straps to keep from breaking my phone. Last phone I had without one died on the concrete sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenas View Post
    Darn, I was hoping to have an easy upgrade. I need wrist straps to keep from breaking my phone. Last phone I had without one died on the concrete sidewalk.
    I dropped mine on our concrete driveway two nights ago from about 3 feet. It hit on the back and then flipped over on the screen and then slid (the driveway is slightly tilted) about three feet. The only damage was two small barely noticable scratches on the back.

Bungee cord, just this minute, saved mine again. Sh## happens when you get in a hurry. Save number 3 & counting.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

So what, is there any one wrist strap or not at all ??

Jeez, I want to buy a smartphone, the wrist strap will make me chose which one to buy i think..

That's something that should be on all phone.

I'm sure the manufacturing costs wouldn't be a factor, plus if you don't want to use one, don't use it. Problem solved

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S WII on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

ROM
    Stock

The Ringke Rearth Slim Lite case has lanyard holes, and I think they come with a lanyard now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,698 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I'm sure with a little bit of thought and minor engineering. You can fabricate a simple wrist strap to any case you plan on buying.

S3nt from GalaxyS3

Yeah, I think I'll buy a phone case in which I'll do a small hole to put the wrist strap !
    Could work like this !

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    I'm sure with a little bit of thought and minor engineering. You can fabricate a simple wrist strap to any case you plan on buying.

S3nt from GalaxyS3

Exactly. I used a small rope thing off my daughters camera wrist strap and ran it through an existing opening for the speaker. Thats what I attached the clip to. Works perfectly.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast