May 3rd has passed. What is your next move?

BerryBlack96

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello all! Just joined this forum a couple weeks ago. Originally for the sole purpose of staying up to date on the galaxy sIII.

Now that the phone has been announced (although we do no know an exact release date for the US) what is your next move?

I have been dying to upgrade my iphone 4. Almost pulled the trigger on a skyrocket until best buy decided my phone was not worth what they originally quoted because of the scratches (they called them cracks) on the back of the phone. So I said fine I will just wait it out and see if the skyrocket HD comes out soon. Well about 1 week later I found out about the may 3rd unpacking event...

I do not know if I can wait for the GSIII to come here since it could be anywhere from a month to four months (I wish samsung would give us a better window for the US release.. would make this decision easier)

So what is comes down to..
The skyrocket-which seems great although I might regret not waiting for the better processor, screen and storage options
The note- I would get it in a heartbeat if it was just a bit smaller. I dont know if I could handle carrying around/talking on the phone
The One X- Would buy this in a new york minute if it wasnt for storage. I dont understand why they put out such a great phone without the storage options (I know about the cloud storage). I couldnt live with 10 gigs of usable storage. Im already having enough trouble with my 16 gig Iphone
GSIII I just dont know if I can wait. I hate this iphone. the speakers cuts out and I have been having reception problems that I have never experiences before :(

So.... Anyone have suggestions?.. And what is YOUR next move:cool:

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon rocking my Fascinate still. I want a GS3 on VZW really badly, that will be my next phone if it is.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the 16g on the one x is a lot... Learn space management tricks ;)

Swyped from my photon using t-talk 2

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, I'm sure AT&T will have get this phone (hopefully in black and with no physical button) so once my contract will be up for an upgrade which should be by the end of this year I'll most likely get this phone I have the Skyrocket right now btw. and it's an awesome phone.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
@thegreenman: if you doubt other phones I say don't pull the trigger. Nothing is worse than being stuck ina contract with a phone you don't like. If it is great it is worth the wait.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Not True - 10 GB available for data (music, etc) is just not enough. And I don't understand why if carriers (remember this is an ATT decision - international version has 32 GB (26 available)) want to have fixed memory they don't give additional options like Apple (16, 32, 64) or now the SGIII (16,32, 64) in addition to micro SD expansion. In this day and age you shouldn't have to micro manage your storage.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Aw man you Verizon folks got left out when the Galaxy S II came to town, hopefully VZW will offer the GS3

Didn't matter, my upgrade isn't coming around until June. HMM how convenient that's the rumored month for the GS3 LTE version. WOOT! My Galaxy S is still going strong now running Team Hacksung ICS, its buttery smooth even with 370MB of RAM and a 1GHz single-core.

BerryBlack96

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
@thegreenman: if you doubt other phones I say don't pull the trigger. Nothing is worse than being stuck ina contract with a phone you don't like. If it is great it is worth the wait.

Very true and this will prolly be my decision. It just sucks there is no official US release date.

I'm waiting for the S3 and I'm on the iPhone 4 still as well. I think it'll be worth the wait.

Except mine still functions well (and I enjoy the attention because I converted it to blue. :p). If you can wait then you probably should.

Ya it will be worth the wait. I may just restore my phone. Hopefully it will fix the reception problems I have been having. Maybe the speaker cutting out is just a glitch. I have seen the people that do the color change. Is that hard to do?

Not True - 10 GB available for data (music, etc) is just not enough. And I don't understand why if carriers (remember this is an ATT decision - international version has 32 GB (26 available)) want to have fixed memory they don't give additional options like Apple (16, 32, 64) or now the SGIII (16,32, 64) in addition to micro SD expansion. In this day and age you shouldn't have to micro manage your storage.

100% agree

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

I have a photon, 16g internal, 8g (main) sd card. I'm still working on my sd honestly. I just like to make different playlists on my pc and transfer them over for music. Or, like I have recently done, google play music free cloud for 20k songs...

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
what is your next move?

My next move is to wait and see when this bad boy is coming to Canada and what the Canadian specs are going to be.

The One X- Would buy this in a new york minute if it wasnt for storage. I dont understand why they put out such a great phone without the storage options (I know about the cloud storage). I couldnt live with 10 gigs of usable storage. Im already having enough trouble with my 16 gig Iphone

I agree, I played with the Rogers version (AT&T) and wasn't that impressed. Now, in fairness, I didn't play too much, but after all the hype about great it was, it left me feeling empty.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC Rezound and love it but I also am a techie and have to have the newest. My upgrade isn't until Aug of 2013. If I like this phone, I'll open up my wallet and painfully pay full price

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting the HTC One X this week and see how it goes - doubt I can handle the stupid 10GB storage - but I have 30 days to test it out then either swap it for an S3 or go back to my BlackBerry for a few weeks and wait for the S3.

To say the 16GB [10GB, actually] is "a lot" is a joke. Maybe to my parents it is. To someone with a significant amount of MP3s and Videos - many of which I want to have on my phone - 10GB is nothing.

The cloud is a supplement not an alternative.

My 2 year old BlackBerry has 36GB of space I can use...so I "upgrade" to the latest and greatest Android phone from the much-maligned BlackBerry and lose 26GB (72%) of my space? Now THAT is a lot [to lose].

neoenigma

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The cloud is a supplement not an alternative.

My 2 year old BlackBerry has 36GB of space I can use...so I "upgrade" to the latest and greatest Android phone from the much-maligned BlackBerry and lose 26GB (72%) of my space? Now THAT is a lot [to lose].

It's AT&T's fault. They shot themselves in the foot gimping the storage to 16 GB (10 usable) from 32GB (25 usable). The standard HTC One X DOES have 32GB of storage. AT&T wants people to use cloud storage so they'll use more data and pay more money. It's sleazy.

I've been looking into ways around the storage issues. This works really well, but has limitations. It doesn't let you play movies large than 2GB and forces you to use the default android video player :(

Last edited:

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually in the same position as you Green Man, I have a iPhone 4 right now and I'm sick of it. I have the worst call quality, even outside of condo, and I'm just over the childishness of iOS. In my opinion I would say wait for the SGS3, for people like you and I, this phone has everything we want, and we know that the next iPhone won't change our minds either way.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I plan on getting the gsIII. I have the ics update on my nexus s so didn't feel the need to get the galaxy nexus.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance