• 1 Post By GrooveRite
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default This is what I wanted from the GS3...Sony killed it

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Default Re: This is what I wanted from the GS3...Sony killed it

13mp camera.....otherwise it's nothing special

"1.5GHz dual-core processor (although there's no specifics on what type just yet)"

Until that's known, the phone is a meh.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Overkill of a camera, tiny screen, and the weird Sony software from the past doesn't do it for me, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Overkill of a camera, tiny screen, and the weird Sony software from the past doesn't do it for me, no thanks.
    4.6 is now tiny?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyandroid View Post
    "1.5GHz dual-core processor (although there's no specifics on what type just yet)"

Until that's known, the phone is a meh.
    It's not unknown, it's the Krait S4 that the US GS3 will also have.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by djw39 View Post
    4.6 is now tiny?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Oh, thought it was 4.3, my bad, it's average :-) seriously, have you seen their skin, and 13 mp camera, that's just nuts, that's a phone screaming "look at my specs"

Looks like an interesting option. Still hasn't been announced for outside of Japan though, right?

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

None of these things are better than the GS3 other than a 13MP camera and we all need those right? *rolls eyes* I read somewhere that after you get to like 8 megapixels on phone cameras it doesnt even really matter. The lens is the determining factor for the quality. (I could be more than wrong, I barely remember) But still. The software sucks, the phones not sexy, and the screen is smaller.
    Plethora14 likes this.

Anything over 4.3 is just too damn big

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by antbolt View Post
    For some people, but not for me and a few million other people that bought various versions of the gs2 and note.

Quote Originally Posted by antbolt View Post
    IMHO anything under 4.6 is TOO SMALL.

*BIG HANDS equal BIG....ummm.... FEET!*

Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    It's not unknown, it's the Krait S4 that the US GS3 will also have.
    Doesn't say that in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    None of these things are better than the GS3 other than a 13MP camera and we all need those right? *rolls eyes* I read somewhere that after you get to like 8 megapixels on phone cameras it doesnt even really matter. The lens is the determining factor for the quality. (I could be more than wrong, I barely remember) But still. The software sucks, the phones not sexy, and the screen is smaller.
    Yeah, it's much more about optics...I'd rather have an 8MP camera with good optics than a 13MP camera with average or poor optics.

They still shout about mexapixels though, because the general public still thinks more MP = better camera.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Yeah, it's much more about optics...I'd rather have an 8MP camera with good optics than a 13MP camera with average or poor optics.

They still shout about mexapixels though, because the general public still thinks more MP = better camera.
    And don't forget the added "benefit" of huge file sizes with a resolution that high. I get a kick out of people that take 12 mp pictures and then complain that they can only see 1/8 of the picture on their computer, or wonder why they can't email more than 1 picture at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    For some people, but not for me and a few million other people that bought various versions of the gs2 and note.
    You want to know something funny? I was on the market just a few weeks/months ago for a tablet so I could use it for my class e-textbooks/pdfs. Reason being whenever I read the pdf's on my 4" Epic 4G screen, after 2 or 3 pages, when I look away my vision is blurry as hell and get a mild headache. The screen is too small and I'm straining my eyesight with the small text on the small screen. So this Galaxy note or GS3 is PERFECT with screen size, for me! I also enjoy watching movies on my Epic 4G so it will just be better with a BIGGER screen!
    Plethora14 likes this.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    You want to know something funny? I was on the market just a few weeks/months ago for a tablet so I could use it for my class e-textbooks/pdfs. Reason being whenever I read the pdf's on my 4" Epic 4G screen, after 2 or 3 pages, when I look away my vision is blurry as hell and get a mild headache. The screen is too small and I'm straining my eyesight with the small text on the small screen. So this Galaxy note or GS3 is PERFECT with screen size, for me! I also enjoy watching movies on my Epic 4G so it will just be better with a BIGGER screen!
    Yep, I am sure you'll love it. I went from the HTC Touch (2.8") to the Palm Pre (3.1") to the Evo 4G (4.3" 480 x800) to the Evo 3d (longer screen, still 4.3 though qhd) to the Epic 4G Touch, so I am not about to go for a smaller screen.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    That was a point that I was trying to make at a different thread where I had the same complaint, headaches after reading comics and everything. People thought I was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by s14tat View Post
    That was a point that I was trying to make at a different thread where I had the same complaint, headaches after reading comics and everything. People thought I was crazy.
    Love the Marvel app!!

You have no idea how much I have to read AND how happy I am that I don't have to carry HUGE textbooks around in my backpack. Thats why I love E-textbooks/pdf's because I can read/study on the go wherever/whenever I want because my phone is embedded on me, lol! These bigger screens on these phones are just what I need, can't say enough about it!! YES, there is a need for bigger screens!!

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Sensors make a difference, but the lens plays a bigger difference. Sony makes the sensor for Nikon dslrs so might be very good.

sent from one of my 4 gold leafed iphone 4s's

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post

Yep, silly customers, specs are for geeks