Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By s14tat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Change of Heart

After a few days of blowing off steam, actually upgrading to the HTC One X (before downgrading back to my Iphone 4 hours later), and watching tons of GS3 videos, I have had a change of heart. The software in the phone itself is actually pretty special. Touchwiz looks lame as usual but the features are almost breathtaking, including how smooth the phone seems to move. For years, iOS fanatics have coped with the iPhone's seemingly lack of innovative technology with the fact that their iOS runs smoother than anything on Android (which has been true). I think the GS3 puts that argument to rest. It looks like its on that level.

Now, all Samsung has to do to get my money in the "summer" is, 1) Drop in an Exynos 5 Dual on that baby or 2) "leak" benchmarks showing the s4 chip optimized and performing just as well as the Exynos 4 Quad.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Default Re: Change of Heart

If you love the software improvements that much, would the benchmarks matter? When you see the lte speeds (if you're in an lte area), I think you would trade it for the quad core. It's amazing. I may try the international version for a while until the US lte version is available. Which ever processor is included on the phone, I'm sure it will be an improvement over your Iphone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post
    If you love the software improvements that much, would the benchmarks matter? When you see the lte speeds (if you're in an lte area), I think you would trade it for the quad core. It's amazing. I may try the international version for a while until the US lte version is available. Which ever processor is included on the phone, I'm sure it will be an improvement over your Iphone
    And that's the point. Would the software run so smoothly on a less powerful processor? Watching the videos, it's on a different level from the the HTC ONE Xl

Global Posts
    4,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglemaniac View Post
    And that's the point. Would the software run so smoothly on a less powerful processor? Watching the videos, it's on a different level from the the HTC ONE Xl
    Are you saying the One X didn't deliver the smoothness you were expecting?

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

But, but, but I thought it was a programing bug in Sense 4.0, the phone is suppose to be super fast and smooth!!
    lpt2569 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Not necessarily. I'm saying that the GS3 looks more smooth.

Global Posts
    2,110 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Welcome to the dark side of the Galaxy