SG3 uses PenTile for longer lasting screens

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: SG# uses PenTile for longer lasting screens

Good enough reason for me. Hell, I mostlikely cant tell the difference between Pentile and non Pentile. In my opinion my Pre's screen is decent. Lol

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Good PR spin, and total bs. I'm sure HD SAMOLED+ is ready in their labs, just not in time to mass produce for the GS3, or maybe it was too expensive. We'll see it soon enough in the next Samsung phone.

It doesn't matter though, the whole Internet is up in arms about such a tiny issue.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I can buy it. Not knowing much about SAMOLED nitty gritty, non-pentile displays are more tightly packed. Each sub-pixel creates heat. It could be the added heat from 33% increase in sub-pixels will cause fast wearing displays in an XHDPI phone. A WVGA phone has larger pixels and more room to breath.

Not saying it's the truth, but there is a nugget of believably to it. Still one of my biggest complaints though.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Eh....PR spin. See the screen for yourself before you decide if it's good or bad.

Yes...exactly. All the tech terms mean nothing.
Eye test is paramount.
I don't appreciate the spin, though.
Kevin-do you know anything about this report of i9500 being Tizen device with Samoled + display?
http://www.sammobile.com/2012/05/10/does-the-gt-i9500-has-a-super-amoled-hd-plus-display/

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't buy it. I got my Epic 4G on December 2010. The Epic 4G has a pentile display. About two months ago the display has become unable to work properly at max brightness; if I crank it up it flickers like crazy when displaying white. I've never had any other display of any kind do that to me, and it's especially worrisome as 15 months is still within the carrier contract time...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Deal breaker for me! I think I would pass on this and get the HTC One X if I was in the market for the "best phone" right now.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Kevin.. I take it you were in London or at New Orleans and saw the GS3 first hand? I'm curious how the screen compares to the Skyrocket, and if there is the same blue cast on white backgrounds.

As to the One X, for me it's a bit scary reading about how many people are having both software and hardware problems, seeing light leaks from around the screen, WiFi issues, poor HD video rendering, etc. I sincerely doubt I'll be even thinking about the One X until they work out these QC/software issues. I also am not fond of the sealed back which reminds me of my current iPhone. I had to exchange this damned thing FIVE times due to battery problems, which is something I sure don't want to experience again.. That's my $.02

Muaaahahahaha..

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Saying that the GS3 and One X are made out of the same material. (Im not sure if the finish on the devices are the same though so it might not happen but) Does this mean my precious white Galaxy could also get stained? I've never seen anything like this happen so I doubt it but just wondering.

Good question. I know Sammy used "hyperglaze" on the SGS3, but nobody seems to know what that means.
Sorry for getting us started off topic.

Reactions: Tkbredx

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
The whole statement Samsung issued about the Galaxy S III display im begining to think was a load of BS. Samsung was just trying to cover up the fact they went cheap on the screen since its been discovered that Samsung's prototype TIZEN phone has suposedly a Super AMOLED HD Plus display with a RGB matrix. That being said the GS3's display is still quite beautiful.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S II Epic 4G Touch using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The whole statement Samsung issued about the Galaxy S III display im begining to think was a load of BS. Samsung was just trying to cover up the fact they went cheap on the screen since its been discovered that Samsung's prototype TIZEN phone has suposedly a Super AMOLED HD Plus display with a RGB matrix. That being said the GS3's display is still quite beautiful.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S II Epic 4G Touch using Android Central Forums

Keyword -prototype. Comments at the source seem to indicate low quality of the screens.
I think that is what they were really talking about. The HD + screens still need to be developed fully for mass production. Still honing the process to provide a quality screen that will last.
Don't think he intended to say the lower res plus screens will not last.
Don't technically think he's bs'ing. Just was not said very well. Do not think they want to publicly admit to HD + problems either.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Oh I understand what you ment so its ok. Yes perhaps Samsung hasnt fully perfected HD+ screens and the Tizen prototype is perhaps just a device used to test out how well the HD+ screen performs. I think we could see it introduced later on this year in future GS3 variants, the next Nexus phone since Samsung is going to make it or perhaps they'll come out with a Galaxy Note II

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums