Galaxy S3 vs HTC One X - detailed review

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Very good review! I am going with the SGSIII! I was already going that way and this review just confirmed my decision.

Another thing is my familiarity with Samsung. My wife just went from a Samsung Vibrant to the One S on T Mobile and learning a new UI is driving her nuts. She is taking the One S back for the Galaxy S II. I told her to wait for the SIII but she feels that is too big.

I have had a Captivate, OG Atrix, Atrix 2, Skyrocket, and now have the ATT GNote and International GNote (with ICS) so I am very familiar with the touch wiz UI so that counts for a little bit in favor of the SGSIII as well.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I saw this yesterday and the GSIII was the clear winner. However, Mashable posted yet another story about the pentile screen technology being the Achilles Heel.

Meantime, over at the One X forum, the thread started about bugs with the phone now has over 89 responses. And this is just the first week since the phone was released!

Since I'm a newbie with Andriod phones, is this normal and can we expect this with the GS3, too?

Muaaahahaha... Muahahaha.. :)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I saw this yesterday and the GSIII was the clear winner. However, Mashable posted yet another story about the pentile screen technology being the Achilles Heel.

Meantime, over at the One X forum, the thread started about bugs with the phone now has over 89 responses. And this is just the first week since the phone was released!

Since I'm a newbie with Andriod phones, is this normal and can we expect this with the GS3, too?

I have a Galaxy Note with a pentile screen and I for the life of me cannot see what people are talking about. I have excellent vision, but I have to believe people when they say they can see the difference. I cannot. I had the skyrocket which was super AMOLED plus (non pentile) the Galaxy Note which is pentile and I cannot see a big difference except the resolution in favor of the GNote.

You can expect some bugs but I think Samsung got slammed over the Galaxy S series of phones and their GPS, so all the Samsung's I have owned since then have been pretty bug free although not perfect. The skyrocket BT was borked with my car until they sent out an update. The Galaxy Notes have been very bug free from my perspective.

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I think you can expect this with any highly touted phone release. Anyone remember the iPhone grip of death? Mostly nothing, but made it's way onto major tech suite news, not just forums.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is all speculation...nobody has a retail unit to do a real comparison with.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It's not speculation, it's a review of the units they had. One X is retail. Differences in the GS3 production model will be minor in any. Samsung is the one giving these phones to the press for review.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Personal preference. I had the original S and the screen was excellent. Is the X screen better? According to most people, yes, but according to most people, you won't be able to tell the difference.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It's not speculation, it's a review of the units they had. One X is retail. Differences in the GS3 production model will be minor in any. Samsung is the one giving these phones to the press for review.

I think he means that it's speculation because no one has seen a retail version. Based on the numbers, the X has the advantage, but people don't live in/with numbers, they see the world with their own eyes and everyone's eyes are different.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could find a one x locally so I could for my own opinion. Haven't found one yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

wilfreb

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S2 was the BEST phone of 2011. And the Galaxy S3 is the best phone of 2012 period.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
To be honest in my eyes the clear winner is the GS3. The One X is still nice but when you actually think about it...

The S3 = the One X + Much more. One X advocates only say 2 things (Camera and Screen are better) But the point is, the Camera and Screens of these 2 devices are so similar in terms of quality it doesnt even really matter. Theyre basically the same.

The S3's features alone are enough for me to say that its better than the One X. Add in the SD card slot and the Removable battery (that is also bigger). Then it puts it right over the top. Its just enough to say its better than the One X.

As for TW vs Sense, its strictly preference. In any other instance I would like Sense (TW is kind of ugly lol) but the features make me want TW so I'll take that along with go launcher or nova launcher and keep moving. Give me my S3 now.

lew_ss

May 12, 2012
Visit site
The One X does look much nicer than the S3, I've gone for an S3 but almost went for the One X just because it look so much nicer. I think if the battery was on par/better with/than the S3 and there was a clear method of doing a hard reset (battery is sealed in the phone) i would have chosen it over the S3.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
According to a lot of reviewers the one x's 1800mh lasted longer than many phones with 2100mh+ batteries. And besides the screen and camera being better, the one x has a slightly faster quad core processor. It all comes down to whether or not you use a lot of storage, because if not the one x trumps the S3 in every way, particularly in not being ugly, both in body and UI.

Mark_C

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Just because other phones have 2100mah batteries it doesn't mean that the S3 will have the same battery usage. The GSM link shows quite clearly that the S3 has a better battery, even if they did something wrong during their testing the difference is so great that its hard to ssee how the HOX could ever be better on battery.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
How many phones have a 2100 battery? The galaxy note has a 2500 the razr maxx a 3500, what other phone has a 2000+ battery out of the box? also, it depends on how well the os and launcher are optimized and what's under the hood processor wise.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Proof?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar