Galaxy S III Battery Test: Results!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Lets wait and see what people are actually getting when its sitting in hands here in the US.

Battery tests are just like benchmarks... Take em for what they are worth, and they vary so much from test to test, device to device.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What I should of also said in my previous post is....

Battery tests are at times even worse than a benchmark test. Signal quality plays a big part, your own style of usage, what your viewing (graphics downloading, big sites, constant polling the net) etc.. So its so hard to get any real true battery results. Probably the best that can be said is on average you should get somewhere in the X amount of hours of use on average.

Of course this is just my opinion but I hate to see people get their hopes up over someone claiming they got X amount of hours.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
What I should of also said in my previous post is....

Battery tests are at times even worse than a benchmark test. Signal quality plays a big part, your own style of usage, what your viewing (graphics downloading, big sites, constant polling the net) etc.. So its so hard to get any real true battery results. Probably the best that can be said is on average you should get somewhere in the X amount of hours of use on average.

Of course this is just my opinion but I hate to see people get their hopes up over someone claiming they got X amount of hours.

These tests show specific results of different types of usage, right? I mean, they play videos for a set amount of time, then look at battery usage. This should be rather consistent, right?

I understand the point that a person will see varied results based on usage, settings, etc., and I understand those buying US versions with specs that vary from international will also see diferent results.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sure you can base battery usage on a video or other means but really when you consider how everyone uses their devices in many different ways its very hard to calculate any good judgement of battery life/quality. I believe the goal of any manufacture is to survive an 8-10 hr day per charge and anything over that is a bonus.

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Sure you can base battery usage on a video or other means but really when you consider how everyone uses their devices in many different ways its very hard to calculate any good judgement of battery life/quality. I believe the goal of any manufacture is to survive an 8-10 hr day per charge and anything over that is a bonus.

I think the point of that article was to provide an objective measure of battery life. And I think it did that pretty well.

What I believe you're looking for is a subjective measure. And it's no doubt that that's based on an individual's usage of course.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Either way, hope it is better than my Skyrocket. If I didn't see an option to upgrade soon, would get an extended battery. Just one of the reasons I swore off HTC after owning a Fuze.
Sure that the One X is much better, but the option to replace or carry spares is important to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan