Anyone coming across from Crackberry?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Watch the SG3 video review on phonearena. It shows the International version but should give a good introduction to the device.

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Or.......

Checkout all the articles and videos we did on the sgs3 at launch.

After all, Phil did fly half way round the world in 3 days to cover it :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

toddydogood

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I came over from Crackberry. Still using a Storm 2 now, but once the IT dept at my work opened up the phone choices to BB or apple or Andriod decided to wait for the Galaxy 3.

I am really looking forward to the upgrade from the Storm to the Galaxy 3! I will finally have angry birds! :p

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I came over from Crackberry. Still using a Storm 2 now, but once the IT dept at my work opened up the phone choices to BB or apple or Andriod decided to wait for the Galaxy 3.

I am really looking forward to the upgrade from the Storm to the Galaxy 3! I will finally have angry birds! :p

I remember using the Storm 2. I got it 6 months after it's release, and within a month, RIM announced it's EOL and it wouldn't be getting OS 6. I was infuriated lol.
Moved over the 9900 when I could. Now hoping to move to SGS3 and cannot wait!!!

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Well First the Blackberry Blade isn't a real Blackberry 10 phone, it's just a concept being floated around (and not even by RIM themselves).

But more importantly and generally, RIM hasn't had a good track record recenty with releasing things according to schedule, and I don't think most feel like gambling a two year contract on a them out of charity or because Backberry 10 "needs our support".

Bro wait for BB10 I only got a droid cause my upgrade had been fermenting for a while. RIM needs your support now more than ever. I'm getting one off contract as soon as it hits the street. It'll be out in October you're almost there.

And FYI BB10 is miles ahead of current berry software, it's been in development for years. It will also include an android App player, so 2 for one. Blackberry is still the number one phone in the UK, and has 70 million users worldwide, they aren't going anywhere soon. and take a look at the BB blade, don't tell me that isn't sexy as hell.

tasha_c

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Have the S3 on hold for when it gets released in Canada.

Have been wanting to switch since getting the 9900 which has been a huge disappointment for me: no auto-focus on camera, battery life barely lasts an entire work day (have to charge halfway through the day or else the battery dies by 4pm) & terrible web browser. Doesn't help that I've had to exchange it 3x since getting it on release date due to various problems.

weezul

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Well First the Blackberry Blade isn't a real Blackberry 10 phone, it's just a concept being floated around (and not even by RIM themselves).

But more importantly and generally, RIM hasn't had a good track record recenty with releasing things according to schedule, and I don't think most feel like gambling a two year contract on a them out of charity or because Backberry 10 "needs our support".

word.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Avid BB fan here but about to give up after 3 generations of the 'same ol' on their software. BB10 will struggle so ima make the switch to S3. Currently on 9900, 0S7.

Anyone else?

I am sticking with bb until bb10 is out. I think it will be great os. i did not like android on tablets. I got first hand experience for two weeks. also I will not give up my phone keyboard

Blackberry 9810 (OS 7.1) and Blackberry Playbook 64Gb

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Have the S3 on hold for when it gets released in Canada.

Have been wanting to switch since getting the 9900 which has been a huge disappointment for me: no auto-focus on camera, battery life barely lasts an entire work day (have to charge halfway through the day or else the battery dies by 4pm) & terrible web browser. Doesn't help that I've had to exchange it 3x since getting it on release date due to various problems.

but this is the best looking phone.

Blackberry 9810 (OS 7.1) and Blackberry Playbook 64Gb

vedwardsiii

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I am a recent convert. Broke my 9900 screen and ordered a replacement screen. Was taking to long so i took advantage of my upgrade and got the s3. Loving it so far and missing some things with BB. I will definetily fix my 9900 and use it as a backup. Also im gonna take a close look at BB10 when it comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
There are a few things I miss from my BlackBerry but after 3 weeks with my S3, I am quite happy. In many ways it's leaps and bounds ahead, of course...but there are certain things that just worked better, were easier/faster, on BlackBerry. Most notably the ability to just immediately press the keyboard for search results.

That being said, Android is very customizable and it seems like that old Apple slogan "There's an app for that" is particularly fitting. I had years to learn/tune/customize my BlackBerry so I imagine my small/minor gripes about the S3 will be fixed eventually as I learn more about Android.

I am still awaiting BB10 and hoping it brings great things and revives RIM. I can't say for sure I'll ditch Android, but I am all ears.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm from CrackBerry. Very big BB fan, last one was the 9860. Just got very much fed up of the OS and the phone. How I had to restart after an app update, the spinning clock constantly, lack of apps I wanted etc. The phone I last had, 9860, just hardware wise not upto standards to the iPhone, Sam.sung, Sony etc but I also have a PlayBook and love the OS on that!

So on Tuesday was off work and went and bought the Xperia S and I'm really enjoying this, the quality of everything, and Android in general and selection of apps and games at my disposal.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

eriksahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm from CrackBerry. Very big BB fan, last one was the 9860. Just got very much fed up of the OS and the phone. How I had to restart after an app update, the spinning clock constantly, lack of apps I wanted etc. The phone I last had, 9860, just hardware wise not upto standards to the iPhone, Sam.sung, Sony etc but I also have a PlayBook and love the OS on that!

So on Tuesday was off work and went and bought the Xperia S and I'm really enjoying this, the quality of everything, and Android in general and selection of apps and games at my disposal.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

Same here. The spinning clock drove me nuts!

I came over from Crackberry a year ago. The combination of a sluggish Torch (2 of them) and lack of support on my PlayBook was what did it for me.

I teach English so the PB was perfect for presentations and lectures. Smooth and efficient. Here's the mistake I did make, I traded off my PB for a Galaxy Tablet 8.9. While I love everything about the 8.9 its extremely slow compared to the PB. BB was far ahead of everyone else as far as the specs and layout of the PB go. I should have kept it but the 8.9 is the perfect size tablet for my needs.

I went through atleast 5 generations of BlackBerry devices. I had the Pearl, Curve, Storm (worst phone ever), two Torch phones , and....... GOD I forget what my first BB was. I don't care what people over at CB say, apps are a big deal for business users. I use so many things for work off of Play Store. Since I left RIM a little over a year ago I've had the Atrix (meh phone but great speed for its time), galaxy s2, and the Galaxy S3 now.

I do plan on going back to RIM and giving them another shot when OS 10 comes out next year. While it does look like the OS in the PB, I'm confident that it's going to be amazing. Thank God for Best Buy's Buyback Program too. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

westex#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
And FYI BB10 is miles ahead of current berry software, it's been in development for years. It will also include an android App player, so 2 for one. Blackberry is still the number one phone in the UK, and has 70 million users worldwide, they aren't going anywhere soon. and take a look at the BB blade, don't tell me that isn't sexy as hell.
How do you know BB10 will be "miles ahead" of current Berry software? Nobody has seen it yet. Also, many of the features Blackberry is famous for (BBM, Secure Push Mail) currently can't be gotten to work with QNX (see Playbook). Lastly, the Blade you pictured is simply a Photoshop mock up from a Crackberry.com commenter. It's just a figment of someone's imagination.

I love my Blackberry Bold 9900, but using a SGS3 is like hopping from a Model T Ford into a Ferrari. Blackberry is dead. We have our memories. Time to move on.

anon(50543)

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm still a BB user, coming. from a BB 9000, 9700, 9800 & now a GS3. I use my BB 9800 while I'm at work, I'm just holding out my upgrade for a BB10. ;)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Made the jump to the GS3 on June 21st. The device is smoking. I still have my 9900 for work and my Playbook. I gave up waiting for BB10 devices to drop. BB device release dates have been known to slip.

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I had blackberries for 10 years and in fact carried 2 of them most of that time...one for work and one for personal use. In December I jumped to Android with a Galaxy Nexus...,wow. I loved blackberry but it only took me one day of using ICS to understand that the only reason I loved blackberry so much was because I had absolutely no understanding or experience of what Android was capable of....again....wow. I'm looking forward to seeing what BB10 might bring but in all honesty I can't say I would go back. The blackberry forum community was awesome but I have also discovered great and helpful Android communities as well with my GNex and now my brand new S3 ....which btw totally rocks!!!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have used BB for many years but given the current financial situation they are in I decided to jump ship. The PlayBook was a joke in itself and was outdated before it released. I too used the fantastic BB keyboard and was very hesitant to convert to a full touchscreen device. After a few days, I am getting much better and with the keyboards you can download (SwiftKey 3), anyone can do it. I was also growing tired of the lack of apps - too many times a developer would release an app but no support for the BlackBerry. I can finally have a USAA banking app......the little things that make us smile. And that small ass screen on the 9930 to this 4.8" wonder!!!

And for those that don't know - BB10 is going to be released in Europe first, so you can bet your ass it will be delayed in the U.S. I will give BB10 a look but I doubt I will go back. There are some things I miss, but after searching and asking here, I can find just about everything I need. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20