Will the US Galaxy S3 look just like the international one?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Specifically I am interested in the design of the AT&T version of this phone. Was the physical design of the S2 on AT&T same as the international one? Also any rumors on when the S3 could possibly be coming to the US?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The ATT SGS2 removed the physical button and had 4 capacitive buttons. Pretty much the same otherwise. Who knows about the gs3.

I imagine they will do the same this time.
Just a guess. Hope they show it soon!

DJBigBenVA

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
They will probably remove the physical button because it will look like the iPhone sitting on the self as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
According to phonearena, it was last minute addition to the one released in the UK. Doubt that it will be excluded on the US version.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Specifically I am interested in the design of the AT&T version of this phone. Was the physical design of the S2 on AT&T same as the international one? Also any rumors on when the S3 could possibly be coming to the US?

So you had a change of heart I see. Glad you came to your senses and PLEASE don't make threads LIKE THIS again! Thank you! :)

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I hope they don't screw with it too much, I like the current design. And for the sake of cranking these things out fast enough and getting them to US consumers as well, they should just leave it as it is for each carrier besides the internal specs that need to be changed to work for each carrier. Since Samsung likes copying Apple in many ways, having the same excact look for the phone for each carrier would make the device more internationally recognizable and cut down on production costs.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I hope they don't screw with it too much, I like the current design. And for the sake of cranking these things out fast enough and getting them to US consumers as well, they should just leave it as it is for each carrier besides the internal specs that need to be changed to work for each carrier. Since Samsung likes copying Apple in many ways, having the same excact look for the phone for each carrier would make the device more internationally recognizable and cut down on production costs.

Good points Manny. Also like the availability of cases if the design stays the same. The Japanese version IS slightly thicker though, so that may happen here as well. Especially if it has same processor and the 2 gb ram.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here own a Skyrocket and going to stick with it? Just curious since the ICS update is sure to be soon! Still think it's a cool phone, but the GS3 is the real deal!

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here own a Skyrocket and going to stick with it? Just curious since the ICS update is sure to be soon! Still think it's a cool phone, but the GS3 is the real deal!

Exactly. Skyrocket and upgrading.
Sounds like the initial disappointment is fading.
Really hoping for the 2 gb ram and SOON!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I also hope they keep the current design. Unless they go all soft keys (Gives it more of a stock ICS feel, other than that I like the physical home button).

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I also hope they keep the current design. Unless they go all soft keys (Gives it more of a stock ICS feel, other than that I like the physical home button).

If they go with the software buttons that will end it for me. Will just keep plugging away on my nexus s4g.

It's not really a stock ICS thing but rather a GNex thing.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
This is not upto Samsung. Each carrier signs a contract for a certain device on their network and they can demand any changes they want. Then they get the software, add their own apps (bloatware) and test on their network.

This is what US carriers do.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope they go software keys. The whole point of doing software keys is to further distance Android from iOS. Even putting capacitive buttons would be a step backwards in my opinion.

At the very least I hope that if Verizon gets the SGS3 that they go with the onscreen buttons.

Personally, I want and am for anything that puts further apart the way Android works in relation to other platforms.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't really want software buttons, that will take space away from the screen. If they try to make up for it by giving us a bigger screen together with the software button, the screen resolution will be slightly odd. I just hate giving up screen real estate for buttons that are perfectly fine at the bottom of the device.

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So you had a change of heart I see. Glad you came to your senses and PLEASE don't make threads LIKE THIS again! Thank you! :)

Yeah the multi-tasking fiasco on the HTC One X made it a deal breaker for me. While I love the hardware of the One X, the quirks and the bugs on the new Sense 4 is something I am not willing to live with. That means now I am leaning towards its biggest competion, the Galaxy S3 :p

illmatic21

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Just give me a version with a physical camera button and I'll be happy. Not counting on it happening though. But I hate having to touch the screen to take a picture. It's just an awkward way to hold the phone and my finger ends up getting in the way of the screen half the time if I move it at all. It's just annoying.

Jimieo

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm so used to a home button on my iPod Touch, that I don't think one being present on the S3 would bother me... However I am curious what will happen... I've never used a Galaxy Nexus and I wonder if the US carriers would want there to be a bit larger screen to accommodate the on screen buttons or if they will go the same route on the S2.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope they go software keys. The whole point of doing software keys is to further distance Android from iOS. Even putting capacitive buttons would be a step backwards in my opinion.

At the very least I hope that if Verizon gets the SGS3 that they go with the onscreen buttons.

Personally, I want and am for anything that puts further apart the way Android works in relation to other platforms.

Hah!!! The only reason for the on screen buttons is to lower the manufacturing cost and cheapen the device. IMO it has nothing to do with iOS

I would even prefer capacitive button over the physical button but the physical button I definitely preferred over the software buttons.

While I respect your right to your opinion, I disagree and for my sake hope you are made unhappy. Because I really want this phone but wouldn't get it if you got your way. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC