Samsung Galaxy S3 will be composed of Polycarbonate

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S3 is known to be composed of plastic, but it will be polycarbonate like HTC One X. Great news, huh?

Think this was already known. Saw the Phonearena story confirming, but many people don't care. They will say it still "looks" and "feels" plasticky.

Honestly, looking forward to buying the SGS3 myself, but no substitute for in hand experience. Only difference for me is whether I case it or not.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Polycarbonite IS a plastic. More specifically, a thermo plastic.

Yes, Phonearena covers this in their article.
The point is they are using the same material as HTC, just with the hyperglaze finish.
Many people still mistakenly believe it to be the same "cheap" plastics used in previous models.

Reactions: equishd

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It's funny when all the One X fan boys thumb their noses at the S3 saying it is crap because it is made of plastic, yet they have never held or even seen one in person. Then they go on to say that the One X is so good because it is made with polycarbonate. Like said previously, polycarbonate IS plastic. The One X may be made with a slightly higher grade of plastic, but everyone should just wait until the phone is out and see/feel it for themselves before judging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12