- 48 Posts
Few Questions about International version.
1. if i buy SGS3 (non LTE) version in Philippines, is that called "International version"?
2. if i buy International version (LTE), will it work with LTE in Toronto, Canada?
3. Does all International Versions work with any carriers around the world?
Last edited by hell911; 05-24-2012 at 05:54 AM.
- 05-24-2012, 09:16 AM #2
- 13 Posts
Re: Few Questions about International version.
This info is within my limited knowledge.
So it is welcome anybody to point out where I may be wrong.
1. Phillipine's version: depends on if they have LTE or not. If not, it will be same as International version I believe.
2. No, it will not work in Canada. LTE band is a kind of mess, and it use different band and class depend on which country a unit is sold. Canada and US use same band, I belive Mexico is trying to get on same band right now.
3. International version should work with almost any carrier anywhere that use 2100Mhz for 3G and HSPA+ if available. In US, AT&T will work but no T-mo. T-mo use 1900Mhz I believe, you only can get 2G Edge signal (I found this a hard way yesterday. Unlocked att phone only gets 2G Edge). Does anyone know International one has the band T-mo use as well?
I just find it out S3 international version has 850/900/1900/2100 capacity. So it will work on T-mo as well!
Last edited by fastai; 05-24-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: New information
- 05-24-2012, 11:54 AM #3
Re: Few Questions about International version.Smartphones owned overall
LG Optimus M > Samsung Galaxy Indulge > LG G2X > HTC Sensation > Mytouch 4G Slide > Samsung Galaxy S2 > HTC Radar WP7 > iPhone 4S > LG Nitro HD > Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note > LG connect 4G > HTC One S > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy S3 > iPhone 5 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Samsung Galaxy Note 2 > iPhone 5 > iPhone 4S > HTC One X+ > HTC One
Tablets owned overall
Samsung Galaxy tab 7.7, Asus Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, Asus Transformer Prime, iPad3, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, iPad 4, Nexus 10 >Acer W700