Samsung S3 is Officially Released in Doha, Qatar !!!

ramzi.a.q

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Today i was shocked to see the samsung sale points all around the city selling the S3.

They only have the white version S3 and expected the blue in the coming three days but this delay was due to customs only and not due to samsung wanting to release them.

How is it that we get it 5 days before London and other countries?

Whats shocking is that you see no adds of this anywhere which is also not common, i was walking by the shop and by mistake, i spotted the box of the S3, i couldn't believe it so i walked in, asked and they said, we yes we have it and up for sale in all our shops,

Couldn't resist and got one !

Man this thing is amazing, some very minor disappointments but love it all in all

I have the HTC One X as well, i am very sorry for whom ever decided to go for the HTC over the S3, i am selling my HTC cause its pointless now

Hope you get yours soon :D

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Please tell us all that you can. Congratulations

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

ramzi.a.q

May 25, 2012
Visit site

well comparing those two super phones together, it is quite the challenge however,

the HTC feel a tiny bit laggy when comparing to the S3, I find the S3 smother with usability.

Although the screen of the S3 is larger, when holding and using both phones to make calls, it is easer to handel with the S3. and Lighter as well,

I am not sure about battery yet as i didn't have it long enough to judge.

The screen of the S3 is shockingly good, samsung really made a mark there.

I am very much disappointed with ringtones Samsung have in there, not much option and very bad selected so i have been trying to export my HTC tones to the S3.

All around, the S3 has a cleaner menu and might be a bit easier to use, maybe cause i used the S2 and Samsung Note previously and this is the first HTC i get to use, but i am glad to go back to Samsung after using the HTC for two weeks only.

One major issue i found to be quite annoying with the HTC is the sound quality when making a call, i could hardly center the speaker to my ear and hear properly and the sound of the call was generally high pitched compared to blackberrys, and Samsung,

They have a much deeper voice/sound and this also goes for the external speaker.

I thought with the Beats Audio slapping their logo, they should do a better job than the competition but samsung were much better at Audio i am afraid.

If you own an S2, going to an S3 would be like going from the iphone 3gs to iphone 4s.

I am quite happy that i got it, i would have loved to get the blue version but i couldn't wait and wasn't sure if i would find any left due to the line the shop had. people were passing by and asking if it was released and once they knew it is, they paused inline to purchase one.

I bought it for 739 USD (SIM Free), very hight price tag.

I will keep you posted on any other notes i see through the coming days

garband

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Today i was shocked to see the samsung sale points all around the city selling the S3.

They only have the white version S3 and expected the blue in the coming three days but this delay was due to customs only and not due to samsung wanting to release them.

How is it that we get it 5 days before London and other countries?

Whats shocking is that you see no adds of this anywhere which is also not common, i was walking by the shop and by mistake, i spotted the box of the S3, i couldn't believe it so i walked in, asked and they said, we yes we have it and up for sale in all our shops,

Couldn't resist and got one !

Man this thing is amazing, some very minor disappointments but love it all in all

I have the HTC One X as well, i am very sorry for whom ever decided to go for the HTC over the S3, i am selling my HTC cause its pointless now

Hope you get yours soon :D
and how many price is that?:mad:

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
wowowoowo!

congratz, now go buy one!

sry didnt read your story, now i just read, congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ramzi.a.q

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys, quite happy that i got it, more on what i see from the phone

S Voice

VERY DISAPPOINTING

I am soo disappointed with the speech recognition of samsung, it hardly understands anything. Siri did a much better job and got to do what is was told eventually, samsung, you really have to fight with it get what you need.

Big dislike

Battery

I left the phone of charger for the past 8 hours, i was asleep, so it was just receiving smses and missed calls which were very minimal and data connectivity is off, i lost so far 11% of the battery life, i am having big hopes for the battery but doesn't look very promising.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Only losing 11% after 8 hours is fantastic

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I heard there were quite a few places selling the Galaxy S III early. It seems Samsung doesnt care too much about the phones being sold ahead of the release date.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Only losing 11% after 8 hours is fantastic

Minimal use, with data off on my phone for 8 hours will lead to a maximum of 2% battery loss.

But your S3 could correct itself after a few charge/discharge cycles.

Sent from my International HTC One X.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Minimal use, with data off on my phone for 8 hours will lead to a maximum of 2% battery loss.

But your S3 could correct itself after a few charge/discharge cycles.

Every situation is going to be different, how many incoming messages, phone calls, etc. I also doubt you get only a 2% drop consistently as that would lead to a 400 hour battery for your minimal use?

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Every situation is going to be different, how many incoming messages, phone calls, etc. I also doubt you get only a 2% drop consistently as that would lead to a 400 hour battery for your minimal use?

I meant overnight, when there's bare minimum use.

Mark_C

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I've read elsewhere that the delay for the blue phone is due to a manufacturing problem (colour match on the back cover) and Samsung binned 600,000 back covers and had to remake them, hence the delay.
Dunno if its true or not.

S Voice is just a gimmick like Siri, I mean you'd feel a right plonker waling around talking at your phone.. just press a button godammit!!

Keep us posted on battery life - if you fully discharge the phone and then fully charge it a few times battery life should get better.

ramzi.a.q

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It's nearly 12 hours so far on battery this is what I used the phone for

Wifi connected all day

Used the web for max 4 min

Made 7 short calls

Received some SMSes

And lost 19% of my battery only !!!!

Honestly I haven't used the phone properly as it is the weekend I am feeling lazy but am still happy with only losing this much since I took it off charger.

I can report back tomorrow with a better usage of the phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37