Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By LazrRocketArm
  • 1 Post By LazrRocketArm
  • 1 Post By Tkbredx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slashgear Review

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-gal...view-27230300/

Seem rather pleased. Much more so than Engadget.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

Default Re: Slashgear Review

Gah, stop going on about the Engadget review. It was positive, just not positive enough for the fanboys. Don't be a fanboy.

The GS3 has more competition(HTC one x) than the GS2 did, so that may be the reason it doesn't seem so stellar. Plus people may have been expecting too much.

It supposedly has a Wolfson 1811 DAC?

"with early hands-on reports revealing a Wolfson Micro WM1811 DAC onboard for improved audio output."

That alone is almost enough for me to get one.
    The only thing future proof in electronics is the electricity itself.

dmmarck "I love wiping myself!"
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    Gah, stop going on about the Engadget review. It was positive, just not positive enough for the fanboys. Don't be a fanboy.
    Didn't make any direct statements that the Engadget review was off. So how is that being a fanboy? Its not.

Being a fanboy would point out that more reviews are postive, i.e. GSMArena, Phonearena for example.
    OR it could also just be a factual representation of the truth.
    Stop being an HTC fanboy yourself!!!
    Robes1NC, sirheck and Tkbredx like this.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Are reviews supposed to be objective? For example, I don’t like The Verge and I see them as Apple fanboys. So When I read a review from The Verge I read knowing I wouldn’t like what they say. However, should the reviews be objective or subjective? When we read the reviews should we read thinking that's their opinion? Should we only care about the reviews that match what we think? IMO Slash Gear review of the S3 seemed more objective than both Engadget and The Verge. However, does that mean it's the best review? I guess I'll just have to wait for Consumer Report to release their "testing" or better yet Phil's review .
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I would say we SHOULDN'T have to worry about that, but obviously we do. Thought the Verge review was fair enough. But I would compare it to movie reviews of films we are interested in seeing.
    If we want a good review of an action film, do we listen to the reviewer that only likes high class dramas? NO.
    We try to find reviewers with similar tastes.

I could care no less about plot development in the Expendables 2.
    Are the action scenes exciting?
    Is there enough action or is it slow and boring?
    They should have gone deeper with Stallones character? Shut up and go review a film on IFC!

So, yes. I do care about perceived biases of reviewers. I do like touchwiz, so when I hear a reviewer saying its too much like the old touchwiz, I know their opinion carries less weight for ME.

Robes1NC likes this.

Global Posts
    1,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    Nothing said was anything like a fanboy, the Engadget review lacked substance.

Btw, this review is nice, I feel it hit on more of the other points that alot of reviews didnt.
    sirheck likes this.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post

I could care no less about plot development in the Expendables 2.
    Are the action scenes exciting?
    Is there enough action or is it slow and boring?
    They should have gone deeper with Stallones character? Shut up and go review a film on IFC!
    So, yes. I do care about perceived biases of reviewers. I do like touchwiz, so when I hear a reviewer saying its too much like the old touchwiz, I know their opinion carries less weight for ME.
    What! You didn't like Expendables 2? It was awesome....NOT!
    I find it interesting that a lot of tech bloggers and journalists are biased towards Apple products. I listen to TWIT and TNT and it's always interesting to hear how biased their comments are towards Android. It could be I like Android a lot and any negative connotation seem to rile me. So I guess we should just read reviews or blogs then pick and choose what we agree with and ignore the rest. Nevertheless, Slash gear did a descent job on the S3 Review. It was very substantive. It did not feel like a movie review like The Verge.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Engadget review was the most cursory and skipped over major features, it was obviously rushed for page hits and is shameful. The actual conclusion is not the issue.