Canadian s3 specs are here!!!!!!! 2GB of RAM

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Mods, move this if you must, but I felt it needs it's own thread.

Here are the official specs of the Samsung Galaxy S III: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4, LTE-capable and 2GB RAM | MobileSyrup.com

Processor:
- Snapdragon S4 Dual Core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Chipset
- OS (Shipping): ICS 4.0.4
- Data: LTE (SGH-i747 variation) and HSPA+ 42 (SGH-iT999 variation)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 133g
- Memory: 16/32GB internal memory (SGH-i747)/ 16GB internal memory (SGH-iT999)
- Expandable microSD up to 32GB
- Display: 4.8 HD Super AMOLED 1280?720 (306ppi)
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, MHL Video Out
- Camera: 8MP Rear-facing, 1.9MP Front-facing
- Battery: 2100 mAh
Other:
- TouchWiz with Motion UX
- S Beam
- AllShare Play enhance functionality
- MP3/ACC+/WAV audio player
- DivX/Xvid/MP4/WMV/H.263/ H.264 Video Player

Reactions: equishd

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this on engadget. The Canadian version has 1 more GB than the UK version right? And is ths said to be the same version coming to America?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would think so. It's got LTE just like what all the local outfits, besides T-Mobile are running, so why would they do 2 GB for Canada and only 1 GB for the US? Wonder why they bumped it? Does it help the S4 to compare closer to the Quad Exynos?

Much appreciated though if all the US LTE carriers get the same spec! :)

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Same 2gb as the Japanese LTE phone.
Maybe they thought the extra gb would help make up for no Exynos?
Sounds like the extra gb may not be much of a benefit, but I'll take it my ATT version!
Good find Snoop.

ogjrs

May 26, 2012
Visit site
No that's the s4pro and quad version that will have that. Devices in the fall should start to have those. It's possible the next galaxy nexus could be running on that since those are due later in the year.

May 19, 2012
Visit site
ok now im pissed and excited all at once.

I've already pre-ordered the International version...but now that it's coming to Canada (and yes US folks...you can bet that it will be the same exact device coming to the US) with 2gb's of ram...i start to reconsider.

Will i really notice a difference? Almost no apps are optimized for quad cores yet. So the cpu doesn't make a difference to me...what matters is the end user experience.

No apps will be optimized for 2gb's of ram either...

So let's say you lived in an area where you probably won't be seeing 4G or even LTE for at least a few years, which would you go with?

The International version with it's quad core goodness (even though nothing will be using all 4 cores)

Or go with the North American version with it's 2gb's of ram?

I'm really torn here! What do you guys think you would do if you were in my situation?

cheers for the responses =)

Wontfinishlast

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
The extra gig of ram is for the adreno gpu on the s4. The Mali gpu on the exynos has dedicated ram. So for the same user experience the lte snapdragon s4 phones, they need the extra ram (although Idk about a whole gig more).

drparanoid1

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I just pre-ordered my S3 32gb in pebble blue and I can confirm on the ROGERS website that no 64gb model is listed for blue or white. This for sure was the most excited I've been after checking this website every day for the last 3 months looking for news on this phone. Thank you for being so prompt on reporting this, I am the 49th person in line at the location I pre-ordered so when you guys down in the states can get it on pre-order don't waste any time doing so.. I'm totally pumped.. screwwwwwww this Blackberry... 20 more days

Last edited:
May 19, 2012
Visit site
The extra gig of ram is for the adreno gpu on the s4. The Mali gpu on the exynos has dedicated ram. So for the same user experience the lte snapdragon s4 phones, they need the extra ram (although Idk about a whole gig more).

Oh ok! that makes sense.
So basically, the only reason the S4 has the extra gig is to help support the gpu chip?

Meaning, we will probably see the same or very similar user experiences between the two, regardless of the extra gig?

cheers

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed the size is the same as the international. The japanese version is supposed to be slightly thicker. Maybe due to the tv tuner?

What about the buttons? Home button, capacitive? Really do not care much, but if it is the same as international, then all cases should be compatible!

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
S4 is a better chipset for 99% of tasks since its a newer faster CPU and it will also give much more battery life. Exynos will be better for high end games.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante