06-02-2012 12:33 AM
- Mods, move this if you must, but I felt it needs it's own thread.
Here are the official specs of the Samsung Galaxy S III: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4, LTE-capable and 2GB RAM | MobileSyrup.com
- Snapdragon S4 Dual Core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Chipset
- OS (Shipping): ICS 4.0.4
- Data: LTE (SGH-i747 variation) and HSPA+ 42 (SGH-iT999 variation)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 133g
- Memory: 16/32GB internal memory (SGH-i747)/ 16GB internal memory (SGH-iT999)
- Expandable microSD up to 32GB
- Display: 4.8 HD Super AMOLED 1280720 (306ppi)
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, MHL Video Out
- Camera: 8MP Rear-facing, 1.9MP Front-facing
- Battery: 2100 mAh
- TouchWiz with Motion UX
- S Beam
- AllShare Play enhance functionality
- MP3/ACC+/WAV audio player
- DivX/Xvid/MP4/WMV/H.263/ H.264 Video Player05-30-2012 02:50 PMLike 2
- I would think so. It's got LTE just like what all the local outfits, besides T-Mobile are running, so why would they do 2 GB for Canada and only 1 GB for the US? Wonder why they bumped it? Does it help the S4 to compare closer to the Quad Exynos?
Much appreciated though if all the US LTE carriers get the same spec! :-)05-30-2012 03:22 PM
- 05-30-2012 05:37 PM
- ok now im pissed and excited all at once.
I've already pre-ordered the International version...but now that it's coming to Canada (and yes US folks...you can bet that it will be the same exact device coming to the US) with 2gb's of ram...i start to reconsider.
Will i really notice a difference? Almost no apps are optimized for quad cores yet. So the cpu doesn't make a difference to me...what matters is the end user experience.
No apps will be optimized for 2gb's of ram either...
So let's say you lived in an area where you probably won't be seeing 4G or even LTE for at least a few years, which would you go with?
The International version with it's quad core goodness (even though nothing will be using all 4 cores)
Or go with the North American version with it's 2gb's of ram?
I'm really torn here! What do you guys think you would do if you were in my situation?
cheers for the responses =)05-30-2012 06:26 PM
- I just pre-ordered my S3 32gb in pebble blue and I can confirm on the ROGERS website that no 64gb model is listed for blue or white. This for sure was the most excited I've been after checking this website every day for the last 3 months looking for news on this phone. Thank you for being so prompt on reporting this, I am the 49th person in line at the location I pre-ordered so when you guys down in the states can get it on pre-order don't waste any time doing so.. I'm totally pumped.. screwwwwwww this Blackberry... 20 more days05-30-2012 07:01 PM
So basically, the only reason the S4 has the extra gig is to help support the gpu chip?
Meaning, we will probably see the same or very similar user experiences between the two, regardless of the extra gig?
cheers05-30-2012 07:40 PM
- Just noticed the size is the same as the international. The japanese version is supposed to be slightly thicker. Maybe due to the tv tuner?
What about the buttons? Home button, capacitive? Really do not care much, but if it is the same as international, then all cases should be compatible!05-30-2012 09:03 PM
More interested in general app performance anyway.
Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE05-30-2012 11:45 PM
- I guess I don't understand why an extra gig is not a big benefit? The issue with the One X is that it basically "closes" apps, and I thought it did this to manage the RAM? Wouldn't you want more RAM to keep programs running in the background? Maybe I'm thinking too much like a computer.05-31-2012 12:03 AMLike 2
- 05-31-2012 03:19 AM
Just Flash It !!!05-31-2012 06:40 AM
- 05-31-2012 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD