S3 or Note?

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else having this same dilemma? I can't decide which of these to get. Is the Note going to have the same exact hardware as the AT&T version as well as ICS? If it has upgraded hardware and ICS then I will go Note. Decisions, decisions!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The ATT GNote has the S3 dual core processor. The SGSIII will most likely have the S4 dual core processor with will be quite a bit more advanced in terms of performance. Even when the GNote is upgraded to ICS, the SGSIII performance will still be better. I have both models of GNote and have upgraded the International model to ICS. While it is cool, it is not mind blowing and the performance is marginally better if any.

The SGSIII will have better performance especially with the camera which blows the GNote camera out of the water although both are 8 megapixel cameras.

That said, I love my GNotes too much to give them up! I will get a SGSIII to back up my GNote. Who knows, it may even replace my GNote as my daily driver but I still need my GNote fix from time to time!

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree.. I am glad in a way, Verizon does not have that delima.. My 1st Choice would always be the G-Note its an " Other Worldly " Hybrid Tablet/Phone and from what I have seen you would need pure benchmarks to say the S3 is going to be any faster ( Quad-Core or S4 ) in day to day task.. you could even say that about the SII its still smooth as silk as well... The S3 simply has all the cute 2012 tricks watching your eyes so as not to dim the screen if you are reading or dialing a number if you decide to go from txt to talk by just raising the phone to your ear.. ALL CUTE BUT, These Apk's will get hacked soon enough.. and any phone with a front facing camera will be able to do the same tricks.. So to me it comes down to 4.8 inches of Pentile HD or 5.3 inches of Pentile glory and that built in S-Pen! because like I say, just give the modders a little time.. they will hack all the cool tricks of the S3 and make it available in a Rom for the G-Note.. But if you don't do Roms you have to weigh them for the features.. cause they both are fast as hell :)

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Im with Tmo so we dony know the specs of the Note being released on July 11th. I have yet to hear somebody not like the note BUT the S3 is the brand New beast with all those tricks i likr and has the C pen but the premium suite for the note looms sick. sorry for typos, this phone and software sucks.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Im with Tmo so we dony know the specs of the Note being released on July 11th. I have yet to hear somebody not like the note BUT the S3 is the brand New beast with all those tricks i likr and has the C pen but the premium suite for the note looms sick.

Ahh, I did not realize you were speaking of the TMO GNote. Since the Skyrocket and the TMO SGSII were practically the same model except for the LTE on ATT I suspect you will be getting the i717. I doubt they will be updated specs. The WACOM pen or S pen on the GNote is so nice to have but I suspect much of the same could be done with a capacitive pen on the SGSIII.

You do have a difficult decision!

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If the Note was on Verizon, I'd probably pick it. Sadly I don't have this option. Hell, I still don't know for sure if I'll be able to get the S3. Verizon fails.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I would have gone for the Note when it came to ATT, but with the same processor in my Skyrocket?
Not a good idea for me anyway.

Now if they come out with a Note 2 with quad exynos 5450, then my time with the SGS3 will be short lived.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you already had a G-Note, I would say don't bother upgrading. The S3 may be the newest but, truthfully (at least in my humble opinion), it really doesn't have anything that is "Earth-shattering." As RaiderWill says above, soon enough most of the new S3 features will be hacked for the G-Note and most other phones. Just start browsing websites like XDA-Developers.

But I realize that that was not your question.

If you are looking for a totally new phone, then it is a tougher decision. Ultimately, I think the software advantages/disadvantages is a wash (excluding the S-Pen related stuff but more on that below) but the hardware of the S3 is, all-in-all, better. I like the screen of the G-Note better but the S3 should have a higher dpi and some may prefer that. Plus, while some may think the G-Note is too large, after playing with it a bit, many may find anything less than a 5.3-inch screen to be too small. The real advantage of the S3 is an A15-generation dual-core processor and (rumored) 2 GBytes of RAM for the US model. Even I confess that it's tempting but is it enough?

The real differentiator, and the reason I would go for the G-Note, is the S-Pen. There is (probably) nothing like it on the market: but the reason I say "probably" is that the S3 will come with an accessory called the C-Pen. I honestly don't know but if the C-Pen will have the functionality of the S-Pen, then it might not be long before the S3 gets at least some of the handwriting and drawing capacity of the G-Note. But that's a big "if".

Me, I'd go with the G-Note but you really can't go wrong with either phone.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would go with galaxy note because of the bigger screen even though the s3 might have the s4 proccesor the s3 is still good and I love the bigger screen

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Well it really all depends on what you want. In my opinion I would go with the SIII mainly because of the better processor, and camera. But its all based on what you want. I just thought the screen would be a little to big for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Good point. A great camera is very important to me. My phone now is 3.7in and i have biggish hands. the wait is killing me. Ive been pushing back my upgrade for over a year now waiting for THE phone. Im finally think one of these 2 will be it.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
For me 5.3 is too big a screen for a phone and too small for a tablet.

The gs3 with a 4.8 inch screen is pushing it IMO.

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
No i did not know that. Does the Note have a blue tint to the white balance like the S3 has? I saw the S3 side by side with the OneX and the color balance was far better on the X. How does the Note compare?

Last edited:

Dlanod

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have both. The S3 is a bit snappier but that's about all. It's more portable but just different.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol