Enough Talk.. It's Time To Fight..

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Great Day.. All Carriers get the S3..

Now.. 99.999% are going to say you don't care.
You'll say "Your happy to have a shot at the S3 for $199.00"
You'll say "What Darn Differnce Does It Make!"
You'll say "The S4 chip & 2 gigs of Ram is just fine"

I get that.

But 0.001% of us want the Showdown..*U.S.A. / Canada vs The World*

If the Local flavor is ready to be delivered in 17 days, ( T-Mo & Sprint ) lets please see the reviews of this North American Continent S4/Adreno 225 Version vs The Home Grown 4412/Mali-400 Quad-Core Exynos.. Will 2 gigs of ram help the S4/Adreno to keep up with the Quad-Core? or even surpass it in gaming, transistions, movies, load times? Because based on personal needs, there is a choice on which one to purchase for those that can afford to do so.. So, please get the reviews typed up and lets see which version is best at what. If carriers are ready to accept pre-orders then the comparison test to the internaional version should be up as well..

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting for Samsung to slap a Cray XK6 in the GSIV.

Seriously, it would be a great "battle"... but regardless of who "wins"... I am pretty sure I will be happy with 2 Cores and 2GB of RAM.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
And.... 99.999% of people agree with you.. but that 0.001% of us still want the test to see who is superior before we plop down our $600-700.00 bucks.. If I stay with Big Red I have to pay retail to keep my Unlimited Data.. So, I need to know how far behind the Quad-Core Exynos / Mail-400 this unit actually is.. If its a substantial amount I am going with the Quad.. And I am sure there are 0.001% of others with Unlimited Data just like me that may have to make the same decision.. Superior Quad-Core Performance & 3G or 2nd Tier Performance for the same phone and keep Verizon's Unlimited 4G.. Either way, we are paying $600+.. So I want to feel good whichever way I go.. So "LET"S GET IT ON!" to see which phone is the best..

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Does someone know something I don't know? As far as I know Verizon has not announced when they are going to begin forcing people off the unlimited data. If you are eligible for an upgrade you should be able to get the SGIII and keep the unlimited data.

To the OP... Do you have an available upgrade?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Does someone know something I don't know? As far as I know Verizon has not announced when they are going to begin forcing people off the unlimited data. If you are eligible for an upgrade you should be able to get the SGIII and keep the unlimited data.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

No, you know what we know. And in fact it looks like Verizon has said straight up we can keep our unlimited data. RaiderWill is.. special.

Reactions: Ry

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Great Day.. All Carriers get the S3..
Will 2 gigs of ram help the S4/Adreno to keep up with the Quad-Core? or even surpass it in gaming, transistions, movies, load times? ..

interesting.

i'm sure this will be explored. and I too, am looking forward to it.

In the mean time.... a guess.

I think for the short term, the difference between the two will be negligible. A slight increase in performance for the quad over the dual. The kind of thing only noticed in bench mark tests.
Where I expect a change will be in the implementation of Jellybean. Once there is a new OS, that has been optimized for use with a quad core processor, the bar will be raised. Only the most extreme gamers and phone geeks will have the need for the increase at first, but once it gains popularity, there will be a wider main-stream use for a quad core processor. More developers making better apps for the use of a quad etc. not unlike the change between the single and dual core we have seen. ICS was optimized for a dual core. Many single core flagship phones won't see a performance increase with ICS for that very reason. Which is why manufacturers like Motorola are opting to update to ICS only if the phone will perform better. Most single core phones won't have a use for ICS. They wont have anything to gain by it. Time will tell if this phone will have anything to gain by Jellybean, but something tells me it wont.