• 3 Post By g1toevo678
  • 2 Post By tekhna
  • 2 Post By Sentrix
  • 2 Post By GrooveRite
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Will SG3 become too common

SG3 has 9 milion pre-order, Singapore population is about 7-8. Does it matter

Too popular = more room for development Or will it get too common Your say please

Sent from my PadFone using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

Default Re: Will SG3 become too common

It should get endless development attention. Who cares if everyone has one? I think if everyone has one it'll send a message to other OEMs to step up.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I can't image the GS3 will become too common. Take the iphone for an example. The more units the more development. Besides, someone will come up with the next big Android handset in less than 6 months.
    BostonBeats88 likes this.

Dumbest post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ctys2ard View Post
    SG3 has 9 milion pre-order, Singapore population is about 7-8. Does it matter

Too popular = more room for development Or will it get too common Your say please

Sent from my PadFone using Android Central Forums
    Too common like the iPhone? I swear when i'm at my son's baseball games every parent has one. Kids too.

Too common? I thought that was the idea.
    More common = more dev support = more apps = better app market and customisation = I win but iPhone iLose.

Geddit...
    equishd likes this.

Only if you view your phone as some sort of fashion statement that is inexplicably tied to your feelings of self-worth/status.
    Thanked by 2:
    brewzer, Roboticz and danfinger like this.

Common=good. More accessories, more development, fewer chances of app incompatibilities.
    BostonBeats88 and Roboticz like this.

+ 1 on common being.

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

i like it unlike Moto; last year Moto released like 20 phones

more common is better.

look at the NFC software for it, only works with other SG3's for now, so the more people who can use what the phone is capable of makes it better for everyone getting new phones 6 months from now.

Common is always better. For me, it's all about troubleshooting. If you come across a problem, and you go to a forum where hundreds (or more) of users have the same device, you're likely to find someone who fixed that problem, or at least get help to solve it quicker.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Roboticz and equishd like this.

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If I understood the OP's question, I think they're asking if SG3 will loose in popularity unlike the iPhone which has never become "common."

Once again, you all need to realize or at the very least, attempt to realize that not everyone with a smartphone is a member of this forum nor will they have any interest in specs like you all do here. They don't know squat about roms or development.

They just want the hottest new phone and for MANY the SG3 is the new hotness.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Android Central Forums

Yeah it's gonna be different from the past. Their number of sales was pretty high, but they didn't have any brand like an iPhone since they release new devices in a short cycle. But, I guess this can be different from the past.
    -Motorola Droid X -> Samsung Galaxy S2 -> Samsung Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

The more the merrier! More development, more apps, more s beaming, more recognition for android, more happy customers!

Quote Originally Posted by g1toevo678 View Post
    Only if you view your phone as some sort of fashion statement that is inexplicably tied to your feelings of self-worth/status.
    And you don't? lol. Mobile phones are now a status symbol. Looks matter as much as performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashstruck View Post
    And you don't? lol. Mobile phones are now a status symbol. Looks matter as much as performance.
    I'm sorry but this made me LMAO!! I hope you were kidding!! If you weren't then I have some rainbow colored i-phones and Beats headphones to sell to you!!
    Geikamir and Roboticz like this.

In a way I can understand why you say this.

Not to long ago HTC said they were not worried about bigger batteries in their phone because people want thin and sexy. How many times have we read a phone review that says it's sexy, or to angular or has to much bezel.

So yea to some the looks are very important.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely design matter. But just because someone enjoys personally pleasing aesthetics and form factor in their phone doesn't mean they see it as a status symbol. That's not to say I don't understand where you're coming from...my 13 yr old niece and her friends definitely see their iphones as status symbols.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

There's no need to be all hipster about it. If the phone's popular, that's good. I've seen too many people buy phones because no one else had them, and then get disappointed to find out there was a reason for that!

Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    Common=good. More accessories, more development, fewer chances of app incompatibilities.
    This is how I feel really. Although I have to admit I do tend to have a feeling of "pfft" everytime the entire meeting room full of people pulls out their iphones to check their schedules.

-Suntan

ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.1.2..

The more common the more accessories made for the phone, we all benefit from it. Truthfully I can careless about it being to common. I don't want exclusivity. I want a really good phone that works as it was intended to from the company that made it...

the real question is how much of those pre-orders from people with Iphones........thats what Iam really interested to know.
    Thanked by:

I hope it is too common. Nobody develops for phones that don't have a large user base.