Galaxy S3 sample videos ...Audio not good

chay03

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Been looking at some videos by besteproduct vs. the iphone, S2, and One X. The audio sounds horrible compared to the others. Video is average and almost seems like the S2 is just as good in video but better audio.

I would think that Samsung would have put more emphasis into the audio as well. Seems like they upgraded to a Sony sensor for video but downgraded the audio, from the S2.

I preordered this thing and now kind of having second thoughts.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been following this phone since day one and I have NEVER heard and audio or video complaint.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Been looking at some videos by besteproduct vs. the iphone, S2, and One X. The audio sounds horrible compared to the others. Video is average and almost seems like the S2 is just as good in video but better audio.

I would think that Samsung would have put more emphasis into the audio as well. Seems like they upgraded to a Sony sensor for video but downgraded the audio, from the S2.

I preordered this thing and now kind of having second thoughts.

If you don't like the samples you saw, then cancel your order.

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been complaining since day one that the audio was terrible, worse than the S2. Worse than a ton of phone actually. Sounds really awful. I've been following this from day one as well, watched the samples from day one, all the way to the most recent, and even downloaded the original mp4 files from review websites. Most reviewers don't seem to give two shizzles about the audio capture quality. How many HTC reviews have I read saying how great their stereo recording is, only to find out it is the worst thing I have ever heard in the world? The same applies to this phone.

No your eyes are not deceiving you, the video isn't that different from the S2. However, the audio is night and day different. Like I said, it is TERRIBLE.

This ain't a fanboy haven. We can complain about the phone as much as we want. You have the choice to not read opinion threads and phone "issues" because you think this phone is so perfect.

I think anyone who thinks the audio captured from this phone is actually good needs to either

1) Play it on a real computer with real speakers
2) Get your ears checked
3) Get out of your bubble and listen to the million other phones with much better audio. I'll name a few: Motorola Razr, Rim BlackBerry Bold, iPhone, Nokia Lumia.

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Now you guys are talking about audio playback from taking video right?
One thing i noticed is bad wind noise with my Galaxy Note.
So bad i turn down the volume on most of the video i have shot out doors
during playback of said video.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been complaining since day one that the audio was terrible, worse than the S2. Worse than a ton of phone actually. Sounds really awful. I've been following this from day one as well, watched the samples from day one, all the way to the most recent, and even downloaded the original mp4 files from review websites. Most reviewers don't seem to give two shizzles about the audio capture quality. How many HTC reviews have I read saying how great their stereo recording is, only to find out it is the worst thing I have ever heard in the world? The same applies to this phone.

No your eyes are not deceiving you, the video isn't that different from the S2. However, the audio is night and day different. Like I said, it is TERRIBLE.

This ain't a fanboy haven. We can complain about the phone as much as we want. You have the choice to not read opinion threads and phone "issues" because you think this phone is so perfect.

I think anyone who thinks the audio captured from this phone is actually good needs to either

1) Play it on a real computer with real speakers
2) Get your ears checked
3) Get out of your bubble and listen to the million other phones with much better audio. I'll name a few: Motorola Razr, Rim BlackBerry Bold, iPhone, Nokia Lumia.

Ok buddy calm down. You have the phone and I don't. All I said was that I never heard a complaint about the audio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
The video samples I've seen seem to suffer from constant micro adjustments to focus. Almost enough to start causing motion sickness.

fourthchirpin

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
is this just audio for video recording or audio for the ear when talking to the phone.

I dont do alot of videos so I dont see the video recording too important to me IMO.

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Why should we have to choose between those when we purchase a flagship phone? I would expect above average video AND audio.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Just don't get it if you don't like the audio

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
is this just audio for video recording or audio for the ear when talking to the phone.

I dont do alot of videos so I dont see the video recording too important to me IMO.

This is a good question. Obviously the review on youtube is done when recording a video. But like you I'm not worried if the audio is distorted while recording videos but others may have a different view. If the audio is horrible when playing music and/or during calls then I will be more concerned. I didn't think the audio was that bad in the youtube video, obviously the HTC was better but the S3 wasn't horrific. Either way hopefully it can be fixed with a software update.

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, this has to do with the mic, because saying the audio is bad has clearly gotten a lot of people to think this is about the speaker quality or sound quality with headphones.

I've watched a view videos now, including the one linked like 5 posts up, and yes, the mic quality on the GS3 is quite horrible. Incredibly tinny, and it clearly picks up almost all possible white noise/ambient noise that clouds whatever is actually worth recording. I closed my eyes for a while, and it seriously sounds almost like command center speaking with astronauts in space who come through with a fuzzy, tinny, crackling sound lol. It also seems likely that it doesn't do well with wind noise, though that video doesn't have enough wind to tell for sure. In any case, I think it may in fact have a worse mic than my HTC Sensation, and that is really saying something.

The argument here isn't whether or not mic quality is important, because obviously for some people that is a small factor and they can get over it. The argument is that the mic quality is undeniably poor, and quite frankly you would be hard pressed to deny that.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
This looks to be something that should be fixed. I can't imagine how the audio quality would decrease from the S2.

What bothers me MUCH more is that the camera appears to be wider. Of course, that allows you to get more of a scene, but it is terrible for portraits. Everything will be too distorted up close.

chay03

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So, question now is, can this mic be fixed by an OTA software patch or is it hardware and we are just sol?

If playing back videos on hidef tv to show family, you at last want it to sound like normal tv speakers, not like an internal laptop speaker.

I'll have 14 days to check it out. If I dont like it, i'll send it back. Skip the EVO LTE and just wait for the next big thing, but no iphone5 for sure

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech