Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By ptm88
  • 1 Post By wilfreb
  • 1 Post By zhingket
  • 2 Post By danian18
  • 1 Post By zhingket
  • 1 Post By ptm88
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Default Got it! International running on att

Got the SG3 today, white 16gb.

Cut my sim card from my skyrocket with a sim cutter into a micro sim and just popped it in my SG3. Running automatically HSPA+ and excellent reception and radio quality. Didn't have to do any APN changes.

This is the first ICS device I've had that does NOT have any connectivity issues (aka Nexus and One X) Wifi is great, data is great, the cell signal is stable, and bluetooth connects no problem.

Love the LED notification light, used light flow and can confirm it works great. All the custom colors work.

Like Sense, Touchwiz sucks, at least sense looks good but it uses too much memory. I used go launcher on the SG3 and its a nice clean launcher. The camera is great as well, just like the HTC camera I had only the menus are easier on the SG3.

Other than that I used Swiftkey 3 beta for the keyboard, I love that board.

I just didn't want a carrier branded device, so I chose the stock international so I can get some darn updates. I don't have LTE where I live so that didn't matter. I guess it depends what you want.

Overall a really great device, Samsung really perfected ICS and did a great job with the SG3.

Don't be afraid to get the SG3 Int on ATT, it works great!
    b0btech, ScandaLeX and calvin35 like this.

Awesome, how much did you pay for the phone? Since it uses AT&T's HSPA+ network, what kind of data speeds are you seeing?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Default Re: Got it! International running on att

799 for the phone off amazon, yea its crazy but you know how we all are

Speeds are about 11mbps up 1.5 down where I live in NJ, bout the same as my skyrocket

That's good news for those wanting the international phone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ptm88 View Post
    799 for the phone off amazon, yea its crazy but you know how we all are

Speeds are about 11mbps up 1.5 down where I live in NJ, bout the same as my skyrocket
    Lol so true, ill be paying full retail for my Sprint GS3 since my upgrade isnt till next year anyways 11kbps is not bad at all.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

i preffer 3G over those mega slow att updates, i also got the global version, $799 ebay
    ptm88 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by coinmanmat View Post
    anyways 11kbps is not bad at all.

back in 1992 it wasnt today :thumbdown:

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Same here got mine yesterday (ceramic white couldn't wait for the pebble blue anymore), just went to at&t to swap to micro sim (coming from at&t GSII). I couldn't wait for at&t to announce the GS3 but they did announce it eventually after sprint, verizon & t-mo, and realize the other reason why I bought the international version, one word "UPDATE". I love my GS2 but the wait for the update from at&t for the ICS it's killing me. Did the root and everything but it feels different when you have the official software like the int'l version.
    wilfreb likes this.

Same here just got it today but I'm still waiting for my screen protector before I start using it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    heraldo and wilfreb like this.

Global Posts
    512 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Does the GPS lock on quickly and effectively?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldO View Post
    Does the GPS lock on quickly and effectively?

Yup

How does the build quality compare to your skyrocket? And how does the glossy coating feel? Is it rough and grippy like the white lumia, or icky and slimy like most glossy phones? Is there any give to the chrome trim if you squeeze the handset? Thanks.

thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by Droid3r View Post
    back in 1992 it wasnt today :thumbdown:

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    Oops I meant mbps sorry I was half asleep last night when I wrote that

Does anybody know if the international version supports Tmobile's 3G/HSPA bands? Can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

I'm kind of jealous because the int. ver. has that quad core but.....*sigh*.....whatever!! lol!!

Can you confirm home/power button screen shots?
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post

Can you confirm home/power button screen shots?
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    I just tried it and it does work
    20blks likes this.

I can not get google voice to configure voicemail. The application crashes when attempting to change the settings.

Anyone else on AT&T with this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ptm88 View Post
    Touchwiz sucks
    Samsung really perfected ICS
    I don't get it; that seems like a contradiction
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

LMAO I meant the UI overlay sucks from a visual standpoint, but the implantation and additional options and features (in other menus n such) on ICS by Samsung is really great.
    kjnangre likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maven View Post
    I can not get google voice to configure voicemail. The application crashes when attempting to change the settings.

Anyone else on AT&T with this issue?
    Go online with your computer and log into your google voice and then on the right side dropdown - settings. Then go to activate (or edit) and a number you need to put in pops up, dial it and it will automatically forward. When you setup google voice on your phone just skip the configure part since you did it manually and your done!

Did you have to change your data plan because AT&T can't recognize it as a smartphone?

Thanks for posting! I love the international versions of the Galaxy Phones. I had a Galaxy Note and no bloat and regular updates. I think it got updated like 5 times in the 6 months I had it. The area I live in is too strong with LTE so I picked up the ATT version. My GT-N7000 was not getting much up time so I sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by spark09223 View Post
    Does anybody know if the international version supports Tmobile's 3G/HSPA bands? Can't seem to find the answer anywhere.
    I spoke to a T-mobile associate yesterday for an hour about if the international version would be fully compatible with T-mobile's network. She assured me it would.

Since T-mobile doesn't have a LTE network, not having the 700/1700mHz bands don't matter. T-mobile uses AWS for their HSPA+ network, which not only runs on 1700mHz, but also on 2100mHz. (It says on their website that if your mobil doesn't have the 1700mHz band, it will only run on 2G. She says that is for iphone users thinking about switching to T-mobile, because since their phones also do not have a 2100mHz band, an iphone cannot access the HSPA+ network through AWS.) The international version has four bands for 3G, 850/900/1800/2100mHz. It only needs the 2100mHz to run on T-mobile's 3G.

Other than that, she says it's an international cuad-band mobil (sporting GSM bands 850/900/1800/1900), so it will work on any GSM carrier in the world, including T-mobile.