GS3 battery size.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone who previously owned a GS2 Skyrocket could tell me if the GS3 battery will fit into skyrocket. I can't seem to find this info anywhere.
Thank you.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Seeing as how they're different size batteries, the answer is a flat-out no. They Skyrocket has an 1850mah battery, and the SGIII is 2100.

Reactions: dalvik

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
Seeing as how they're different size batteries, the answer is a flat-out no. They Skyrocket has an 1850mah battery, and the SGIII is 2100.

The mA makes no difference. I have a 3300mA battery in my S2 with an extended case, plus I have the 2250mA battery from the GNex that fits with the normal case backing. And then there is the original battery with NFC chip. All work just fine, as they are all 3.7v.

It is physical dimensions and pos/neg pin placement that matters. When I get my S3 in 2 weeks, I will know for certain.

Reactions: dalvik

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The mA makes no difference. I have a 3300mA battery in my S2 with an extended case, plus I have the 2250mA battery from the GNex that fits with the normal case backing. And then there is the original battery with NFC chip. All work just fine, as they are all 3.7v.

It is physical dimensions and pos/neg pin placement that matters. When I get my S3 in 2 weeks, I will know for certain.

i'm very curious to find out. i was thinking that maybe with the new phone they managed to put more juice into the same size battery. this way i could probably get that battery and use it with my skyrocket...